Try This: Community Member Solutions and Workarounds
Overview & Warnings
Please note, many of these are specific solutions to specific issues provided by community members and may not work for everyone. Many others are known fixes and will work for anyone having the issue. Please, just be cautious if you try these and proceed at your own risk especially if you are adjusting system settings and not just Brave Browser settings!
Before you begin, always make sure you are updated to the latest Brave version and always backup the Brave Browser data folder preferably on an external device. You should copy the entire folder. You can restore the backup folder in the same location later if needed. You should also have a current system backup/restore point, especially if you will be changing any system settings or system config settings.
In many cases, these solutions or workarounds have been posted by several different people over time. I just picked up the one I ran across first and tried to use posts with screenshots. No disrespect intended to users who may have posted earlier. Also, if you have a post for this section (even if it is a duplicate) that provides additional information, please feel free to post it here or in a reply to this topic!
Browser Icons and Options and Displays Not Working as Expected
- Drop-down menus don’t work - #2 by CerealLover
- Maximize button inactive. I can't click on it - #23 by bigwillis234
- How can I delete this notification? - #2 by CerealLover
- Blank Captcha Display with “Brave ads paused” Solve Captcha Pop-up
- #hardware-media-key-handling no longer found in flags - #3 by NootNoot
- How to submit your site in Brave search engine - #2 by chh_68
- How to Add Website Brave Search Engine - #2 by CerealLover
Errors, Messages, & Popups
Error & Error Messages (DNS; Not Secure; Redirects; etc)
For users encountering NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID Error - by Mattches
Brave update error on Windows (Error Code 3) - multi-post info
New brave download won't install - #6 by Mattches (macOS Error Code 36)
Pop-ups & Messages (Status; Notices; Dialogues; etc)
Performance Issues Hodgepodge (Testing, Workarounds, & Solutions)
Flickering & Freezes
Youtube & Video
Sluggish & Drops
Uphold Verification Error
Uphold Verification Error
Before you start
- Make sure you are updated to the latest Brave version and the OS of the device you are using is updated to the latest version
- Clear history/cache, exit Brave, and reopen. This works for some users without doing any additional troubleshooting.
If you have never received a payout to your Uphold account check the following.
- Make sure your account is verified at Uphold. Go to your profile page and there should be a verified date at the bottom.
Example: Screenshot of a Verified Profile at Uphold
Can’t verify and authorize the wallet, can’t connect Brave to Uphold - #2 by Impoiler
- Make sure all your personal information in your Uphold account is accurate and complete. For example, Uphold will verify your account with an incomplete address, but Brave needs your full address, including street number, street, city, etc.
Screenshots & Screen Captures (“How To”)
Misc Troubleshooting & Workarounds
- Not receiving Brave ads fix it fast - #2 by CerealLover
can i create bats backup? - #4 by CerealLover
Note: Consider backing up entire Brave-Browser folder and not just User Data folder.
- Brave "I have a sync code" button is missing - #2 by Mattches
- Private window with tor never works - #2 by 289wk
Microphone Not Detected (win11) posted by @CerealLover
Multiple Screenshots in post
Brave is showing ads even though shield is active - #2 by CerealLover
- Has anyone successfully gotten their camera to work on Brave Talk? Is this “feature” not available yet? - #2 by CerealLover
- Are you having problems downloading Browser Extensions from the Chrome Web Store? This is a fix!
Recovery key not accepted on fresh install - had to start from scratch! - #12 by Alexey
*online-tool to see what is the 25th sync word