High CPU During Idle Tabs or While Browsing Sometimes

First of all I’ve been using brave for about 4 years now. So I’ve seen various issues come and go. Hardware Acceleration is off, I’m on a fresh copy of Windows 10 latest drivers etc. I also enabled cosmic filtering flag, reset brave, disabled all extensions, and reinstalled it. But what I am seeing is massive CPU usage both during idle and while using. I haven’t figured out what’s causing it. At first I thought it was Amazon.com but have also seen it happen at random… Ill notice it because my fps in games will drop or my fans will kick on cause brave is eating my 10900k… I have 32GB of samsung bdie and again, latest drivers fresh install. It was fine about a month or so ago but all of a sudden if I leave my normal set of work tabs open or let it idle, I come back to certain brave.exe at high cpu usage in details tab of task manager. My work flow and average tabs left open has not changed nor has anything else really. Other than updating windows and drivers as well as Brave of course. Any one else having this issue?

1. Maybe Amazon.com is culprit
  2. Idle with tabs open, No browsing, no video playing, doing nothing, zero network traffic yet brave at 80% cpu?

Version 1.38.117 Chromium: 101.0.4951.67 (Official Build) (64-bit)
](https://brave.com/latest/)

What version of Brave is it?

Do you have any extensions installed?

What settings do you have in brave://adblock ?

Can you test adding filters into brave://adblock @exodus1337 (then reload all the amazon pages)

||ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31YXrY93hfL.js
||dr3fr5q4g2ul9.cloudfront.net^
||d2ef20sk9hi1u3.cloudfront.net^

See if there is any issues with the site,

Thank you fanboynz. To clarify, just paste those lines at the bottom section of the filters page, correct?

I also was testing aggressive tracker/ads enabled. Super odd that out of no where this started, I’ve never seen random brave.exe hitting my cpu so hard…

I was reading it may be good to turn these on as well, any opinion on this?

-Fanboy Annoyances List
-Fanboy Social List
-uBlock Annoyances List (used with Fanboy Annoyances List)

Yeah, as in the screenshot. though It might not work as well as expected since the top url ||ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31YXrY93hfL.js channges. But the 2 cloudfront url’s might still help.

I’m flying out later tomorrow, can re-look at this when get back from jetlag.

3 Likes

Looks like that didnt fix it… Still insane cpu usage… wild.