Unable to verify my personal website for Brave Creators.
I built my website with Jekyll static site generator using the Minima theme. The site is hosted on GitHub Pages.
OS: Mac OS 12.3.1 (M1)
Brave: Version 1.38.115 Chromium: 101.0.4951.64
Steps to reproduce
- Added the hidden directory
.well-known to my repo.
brave-rewards-verification.txt, and added it to
- Added, committed, & pushed local repo to my remote repo.
- On my Brave Creators homepage, attempted to verify personal website.
Each time, I receive the following error message:
Your website, andrewdillonpoetry.com, was not verified because we were redirected too many times to verify your domain.
Please reduce the number of redirects.
- I’ve tried turning off Brave Shields on the Creators website.
- I’ve tried adding
.well-known to my Jekyll config file:
- I’m aware of two similar posts, though neither mentions Jekyll:
lubombo—closed without comment
Sutorippu—closed without specifying solution; other comments in the thread did not resolve for me.
Might be better to use DNS TXT record, instead of the file.
Thanks, I was looking into that, but not sure how the record should look. In this case, would I copy the contents of
brave-rewards-verification.txt into the text record Data field?
And would Host name be “@” or “.well-known”?
||This is a Brave Rewards publisher verification file.
I believe I was able to verify using the DNS verification option, rather than the file upload verification method.
You’ll fill out the DNS record similarly to this:
- You’ll leave Host name blank for Brave verification; verifications must point to the primary domain, not subdomains.
- The Data field is formatted differently than the content of
brave-rewards-verification.txt so that it fits on a single line.
I received an email immediately from Brave that my website had been verified, but am still waiting for that to be reflected in the BAT button when I visit my website. Brave’s documentation indicates it could take 24h.
Here are the relevant articles:
@alissamccaw , @Chocoholic ,
Good info, re using DNS TXT record, in order to verify Brave Rewards > Creators - thanks to @andrewdillonpoetry
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.