For users encountering NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID Error

Several users have been reporting NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID Error while browsing:

Workarounds for Windows users can be found here:

MacOS users can try these workarounds here:

1 Like

Here is a solution

Hope it helps :slight_smile: .

1 Like

I don’t have that file …

Are you using a mac ?
Edit: Sorry I was late to reply

Yes, I’m using a mac…

If you dont have the file then you need to export it from firefox and add it in the keychain access.

Steps:

1. Open firefox and paste this link in the url bar about:preferences#privacy.
  2. Scroll to the very end and click on View Certificates and when a new dialog box opens select Authorities
  3. Scroll down until you find the name ISRG Root X1 under Internet Security Research group.
  4. Click on ISRG Root X1 and click on Export and save it in a common folder or destination
  5. Open Brave and paste the following link in the url bar brave://settings/security and scroll to the bottom of the page, then click on Manage Certificates.
  6. A new Keychain Access window should open, make sure login is selected under Keychains and Certificates under Category.
  7. And click on the + on the taskbar and select the file from your location and open it.

Hope it solves you issue. If any more queries reply to the post.

Okay, I did everything, then I ran into these two steps:
Step 1: click the plus sign, see screenshot (can not just add it)
I overcame this by dragging the file and dropping it in while login was selected; so then file was added.
Step 2: says not trusted, see 2nd screenshot
What do I do now?

Ok nice, now right click on the ISRG Root X1 and select Get Info, a new popup will open, you need to select Trust and click on the Drop down saying When using this certificate and select Always Trust.

Here is a screen shot to make you understand better:
Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 8.53.47 AM

Hope it Helps :smiley:

1 Like

Fakelf:
Okay, I got it. I was right clicking to look at get info, but not getting what I needed; I had to click the small “i” below and it gave me the selector to click trust this cert. Got it.
Thanks so much.

1 Like

You are welcome. If any more questions please ask :smiley:

Bom dia, também estou tendo problemas com o certificado da página, e a hora está correta também, e aparece HSTS está interferindo também, você pode me ajudar?

I dont understand the language you speak, and I am sorry I couldnt reply.

good afternoon, I’m having problems accessing certain sites, but I was able to access normally before on Brave, and now something seems to have changed

Leila

What is the error. Can you please send a screenshot of the error.

good afternoon, this is the problem that’s happening, and before it didn’t happen, and it happens on other sites too, I don’t know what’s changed, because I haven’t touched anything.

Leila

I have the same problem, but only on some websites. Don’t understand why. I use Win 7. I tried the ISRG Root X1 -fix, fixed some websites, but not all. Then I downloaded some upgrade to Windows 7. But it still didnt solve everything.

Good morning, I normally accessed the appropriate sites, and now I can’t access them, and I need to, because it’s my job

Did you follow the steps above?

Yes, it seems to have solved the issue on some websites, but the problem remains on others. Some websites don’t load proparly, so it’s hard no navigate around those. It says “not secure” on these websites before the url.