Brave freeze randomly after 1-3 hours. Only a pkill will help to start browser again 'til next freeze.
I found out that by disable “Hardware Acceleration” can help. But most websites are unusable and CPU usage is mostly 100%.
Checked GPU driver and RAM/System → All fine!
OS: Debian “bullseye” 11 (64 bit)
CPU/APU: AMD Ryzen 3400G (fully installed)
RAM: 16GB (no errors)
Someone an idea?
Thanks in advance! <3
How did you install Brave?
What Linux distro?
Can you try .114 (released today) and see if you still have issues?
Hi. Debian 11 “bullseye”.
I installed .114. Let’s see. 'Til 3 hours no crash at work.
EDIT: No, problem still exist.
Haha, and of course now, .116 was just released.
How are you installing Brave exactly?
Yes I saw and installed yesterday.
Since today I’m testing the .116
And can you please respond to the question about how it was installed?
No, still existing…
When I’m surfing at https://console.cloud.google.com the browser freeze after some minutes everytime.
Seems js problem?
It’s installed regular over deb repository package for debian.
OK, so you are using these instructions? https://brave.com/linux/#debian-9-ubuntu-1604-and-mint-18
Are all of your other packages (including kernel, glibc, etc.) up to date?
Do you have any extensions installed/enabled? If so, does it still happen with them all disabled?
Is anything set in brave://flags ? (Anything with a non-default setting will be sorted to the top, and will have a blue dot next to it.)
Do you have any extra lists enabled in brave://adblock ?
Is your system clock correct? https://time.is/
Lastly, if all of the above checks out, does the issue occur if you create a new profile and try using that profile? (Make sure your original profile does not have any open windows; only the new profile should be open.)
okay my last feedback for now:
– All packages always up to date (checked)
– Extensions enabled → Yes. Disable and delete it - issue still exist
– brave://flags enabled:
Put major version in minor version position in User-Agent
[But problem was before I changed it, so I thought it was an Addon problem due v100/Year 2000 lol]
– brave://adblock (3 enabled):
Schacks Adblock Plus liste
uBlock Annoyances List
(I deactivated now everything to be sure for future freezes)
– System clock difference +0,009 Sec (±0,035 Sec)
– The new profile I will try, but can I restore everything including passwords? I don’t want lose everything.
I started a terminal session (on X11) to see what’s going on. Only some internal errors (by opening tab missing background_xxx). And one VSYNC error (tried 1/256). But didn’t freeze while this errors appears. After freeze of brave I didn’t see any errors or “panic” messages.
Checked also my driver etc. But this problem exist only in latest Brave.
Chromium, Google Chrome, FireFox/ESR, Edge (wine) and Opera working fine.
I hope it’s the profile, but first I want be sure that I can transfer all my data to the new one. (Or it copy the issue in new profile too idk…)
Thanks for all those responses.
I saw your note:
But wasn’t sure if you meant you installed from the Debian repo, or if you used the Brave instructions to replace a Debian repo package.
In any case, regarding the profile creation – that will create a fresh profile, but you will not lose your old one and you can switch back to it anytime you want.
Yes, this repo:
https://brave-browser-apt-release.s3.brave.com/ stable main
Ok, I try now with new profile.
I am running Brave 1.37.116 on KDE Neon with no freezing here.
KDE Neon is based on Ubuntu (LTS) with other packages. Difficult to compare I think. Seems Debian 11 related - I asked the deb-community, but nobody know why.
So I think maybe it’s a profile issue. I’m heavy user. But never got problems with it.
I will update if it was related to profile.
Just thought Iwould put it out there anyway Maybe you will change over to KDE Neon
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.