Maximize button inactive. I can't click on it

Yes, I have some, but no any new ones, so it shouldn’t be it. But I just found out another thing. I am able to use maximize button, becaouse when I click on it and hold, it appears next to the original one, see screenshot. Then I move coursor, release it, and it’s done. Weird…
Screenshot 2022-03-08 19.12.53

Can you please try disabling your extensions temporarily and test to see if you still get the same results?

I tried, nothing changed. I also tried some cleaning (CCleaner), uninstalled and reinstalled Brave, but still the same.

I’ve reached out to some of our team to take a look at this this because this is a particularly strange issue. I’m also curious if you see this behavior in MS Edge and/or Chrome browsers as well or if this is specific to Brave?

@zubik,
Do you have any custom themes enabled in the browser at this time?

No I don’t, only customization is the samo colors as Windows have

Wow! I absolutely don’t know why, but now it suddenly works OK. And don’t ask me what I’ve done because I don’t have any clue.

Consider this topic closed, please.

1 Like

Glad it is now working as intended! The above may have had something to do with it. The team fixes issues in stealth mode sometimes. :wink:

You should mark the topic you created solved. Just reply to your post and if you would, please include a link to this one. This post had some things to check that could help someone else troubleshooting issues. :smiley:

I’m glad it’s working, but I think I’ll leave this thread open for now in the event the issue occurs again — especially since we don’t know the cause or the solution at this time.

Thank you for updating though.

Hi, Just ran into the same problem.

|Brave|1.36.112 Chromium: 99.0.4844.51 (Official Build) (64-bit) |
|Revision|d537ec02474b5afe23684e7963d538896c63ac77-refs/branch-heads/4844@{#875}|
|OS|Windows 11 Version 21H2 (Build 22000.556)|

removed all my extension and still doesn’t work.

greyx

@bigwillis234 Hi and welcome to the community. :slightly_smiling_face:

New Brave version just released (1.36.116). Might want to update your version and see if problem still persists.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Updated. Unfortunately it didn’t fix it

|Brave|1.36.116 Chromium: 99.0.4844.74 (Official Build) (64-bit) |
|Revision|fee9a47e86e981802390cb0d41c5ed7ea93c4f6f-refs/branch-heads/4844@{#1060}|
|OS|Windows 11 Version 21H2 (Build 22000.556)|

Did you try all the things suggested by Mattches in his replies above? I would work through those and see if your issue persists. Also, you might want to try closing anything else that may be open and try opening just Brave to see if the problem persists.

Tagging @Mattches so he is aware another user is experiencing the problem.

Alright. Not sure what part of it does it, but after uninstall → cleaner → reinstall → restart it seems to work now.

Thank you for the update @bigwillis234.
Note that the team is aware of this issue and will look into possible causes. Please let us know if the issue shows up again.

1 Like

Just sharing, I also have this issue on windows 11 - Brave Version 1.36.119
(https://brave.com/latest/).
The maximize square is grayed out.
image

A day after I updated to Brave 1.36.119 the problem returned. Not sure if its related to the update or not. Only extension I have is google scholar.

This might help with the debugging. The problem seems to have followed (originated?) into my chrome browser too. I found this website that list the problem: windows 10 - Chrome Maximize button greyed out and not working - Super User

Using somewhat the same method:

  1. Open Brave
  2. Enter brave://flags in the address bar
  3. Search for “Touch UI Layout”
  4. Set Touch UI Layout to disabled

I was able to get it to reappear without the reinstall and cleaning.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your answer. I am using an HP x360 laptop in touch mode and now everything makes sense.

I had the same problem and thought it was an issue with the resolution because I recently changed my laptop’s screen from 720p to 1080p. Turns out, when I change the laptop to “tablet mode” brave automatically changes the UI, which makes some icons bigger, and causes the issue with the maximizing button. Since the icons where bigger, I assumed the UI was rendered in 720p, which happened with other apps because of my old configuration. I never considered it had something to do with the fact that I have a touch screen.

Anyway, I can confirm disabling Touch UI Layout solves the problem. Thanks again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.