A little help here Please

NOTE: Any “one-liner” or topics requesting support or reporting bugs that do not make an effort to include as much of this information as possible will not be responded to. Repeatedly posting as such is grounds for banning._
Please try to adhere to this template when reporting bugs. If you think you don’t need to fill out every section in the template fill out as much of it as you can and please be as descriptive as possible when posting.
<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

Description of the issue:
When I click on a link from a site it opens up the next page and it’s just a blank white page the article is black text. It does NOT import the other sites css at all.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
It happens every single time.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Click on a link opens up a white page, black text no styling etc.

Expected result:
When I open a link I’d like to show the css that’s supposed to be there.

Reproduces how often:
It happens every time I click on a link.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows10
Brave:
Version 1.36.112 Chromium: 99.0.4844.51 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

Which site are you referring to? Can you share the link and any screenshot?

Sorry I’ve been away but yes if I click on a link from the current page this is what I get here’s a screenshot:

Just plain vanilla text on a white page. It used to be a regular page all links, images etc showing up…now this. I can’t delete the browser and reinstall and I’ve tried resetting it… no use I still get this…

I should be getting this:

Do you have any of these flags under brave://flags/ set as Enabled?

1 Like

They are both set to Default…

Does it happen in this website or in some others or in every website where you only see text and no images, layouts etc? Does turning the shield off (Brave Lion icon in the top right of URL bar) make a difference? Can you share links of some sites where you observe this issue?

Hi

Check if css are set correctly by opening brave://flags/ and searching for css. They should be set to default.

Relaunch browser.

It only happens on some sites, not all. For instance ESPN is good. This one is not okay → https://www.prosportsdaily.com/nfl/nfl-rumors.html ← that one used to work fine now it’s the blank white page with just text…

Both set to default.

Did turning off Brave shield also didn’t work? Can you try clearing cache here- brave://settings/clearBrowserData and cookies of that site by visiting that site and clicking on the lock icon on the left of the URL bar?

Thank you!! Did that and still doing it if you do a right click and open link in new window, same behavior. ughhhhhh

I’m out of ideas. I will tag @Mattches here.

1 Like

Hi

Create a new profile, name it TEST, then open the page to check if it opens correctly

Delete the profle TEST you just created.

Result?

1 Like

I would but I had to look up how to do that and I have no icon in the upper right hand corner to do that with so I have no clue how to even create one.

@cowboysdude,

I’m running 1… Goolge Translate :slight_smile: That’s it.

FOUND IT!!! FInally… under settings…

speed

Was turned on. I know above someone suggested that it was under flags…this one is under the settings → appearance :slight_smile:

Thank you all for the help and suggestions!

1 Like

Sorry for posting in a solved topic but just have to ask…

I do not have the Speedreader option under brave://settings/appearance. I am using the Release version of Brave. Are you using Brave Beta (or Nightly)?

@cowboysdude ,

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.