Can't active Brave's notifications

My problem is to I can’t active Brave’s notifications ( Brave version is 1.3.115) , because, in my notifications settings (Windows 10), I don’t see Brave. I search everywhere lately and I test a lot of things but I can’t fix this problem. Please help me !!!

1 Like

@Snakiron,
I’m actually assisting some other users with this very same issue at this time. I’m in contact with the team about it and should have more information soon.
Appreciate your patience.

1 Like

Ok, you are very reactif! Thanks you very much!

1 Like

@Snakiron,
This is apparently a known Windows 10 bug and is not actually specific to Brave.

The issue seems to occur when the app (Brave, in this case) shortcut is removed from C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs – this results in the app not being displayed in the Windows 10 Notification settings.

The easiest way to resolve this would be to just try running the Brave installer again. Note that doing this will not overwrite any data you currently have, but I would still recommend making a safe copy of your profile data in case any shenanigans occur. Steps:

1. In windows, navigate to ~/Users/[YourUserName]/AppData/Local/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/User data/Default, and make a safe copy of the Default folder.
  2. Run the Brave installer – you can download it again from our website if you’ve deleted the original .exe from your machine.
  3. Now on Windows, navigate to Settings --> System --> Notifications & Actions and confirm that Brave appears on the list.
    • If it does not, check and see if the Brave shortcut is present in the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs directory. If so, restart your PC and repeat step 3. If it’s not present, or it still doesn’t appear after reboot, let us know.
  4. Launch the browser and confirm that all your data is intact.
    • If your data is not there, return to ~/Users/[YourUserName]/AppData/Local/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/User data/Default and replace the Default folder here with the saved copy you made in step 1.
  5. Enable Rewards – earn and contribute :slight_smile:

Please let me know if any of the above is unclear.

1 Like

Thanks you for your solution, but I just look in proprieties and I run the conpatibility troublesshooter and it resolve my problem, maybe, with this you can help other people.

Thanks you for your rapidity and efficiency.