Stopped receiving BAT, switched to nightly build and it works

I’ve been at 0.0 BAT for over a month on my regular build of Brave and have not seen a single ad pop up. I installed the nightly build today and generated 0.1 BAT within 5 minutes and saw an ad pop up. My windows notifications settings are correct. There is definitely something wrong with my install for the regular build.

What is different about the nightly? We need to be able to change install locations for troubleshooting. I believe installing to a new location would solve the issue.

Also, I’ve tried every troubleshooting step I could think of, here’s the list:

1. Clearing cache
  2. Reset settings to default.
  3. Disconnected from uphold and reconnected.
    3a. Restarted the browser after doing that.
  4. Checked for updates, installed update.
  5. Completely uninstalled Brave.
  6. Deleted appdata folders and installed Brave again.
  7. Checked all notification settings for windows and Brave.

None of these steps worked. My regular build is broken.
We need to be able to change install locations, this would solve the issue.

Hi @Fastboyo91, Welcome to Community!

I you’re on Windows 10, can you see the following topic:

Or can you try going to https://www.bennish.net/web-notifications.html to get first notifications to show.

My shortcut is still in that folder, I’ve also already tried reinstalling before. :frowning:

To confirm you’re on windows 10 correct?

Also, to confirm, did try https://www.bennish.net/web-notifications.html

Yea I have windows 10, I tested notifications using https://www.bennish.net/web-notifications.html just now and it worked.

As I said previously, I am no longer using the “stable” regular build. To confirm for you I tested html 5 notifications on the “stable” regular build.

html 5 notifications and BAT generation works on the nightly build for brave.

I believe there is something corrupted in the backend code for BAT generation that cannot be fixed by basic troubleshooting. I’ve listed all basic troubleshooting steps that have been tried already. I’d appreciate trying something new than assuming that I didn’t do it.

I also appreciate your help :slight_smile:

Okay, that’s good to hear its working on Nightly.

If you still want it to troubleshoot it for Stable, then can you try creating a new profile using it for a bit seeing if Ads appear?

Well, it would be nice to figure out what broke stable. I don’t want to do the same things and break nightly.

Do you know if any extensions conflict with BAT rewards?
I attached a pic of the ones I have installed.
Netflix party, retailmenot, and honey weren’t used at the time it was messing up I think.
Oh also I had UBlock origin installed.

I’m unaware of any extensions that would conflict with Brave notifications.
You could try disabling all of your extensions. If that solves the problem, the next steps would be to enable each extension one by one, and seeing which one causes the issue. This may take some time because ads won’t immediately start showing.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.