Psa: updates from brave call

Hey all! So the Weekly Call with Luke Mulks and others from Brave just finished. I asked a few questions and wanted to put it here. I’ll be paraphrasing answers, so it’s not 100% accurate in what they said but is as close as I can put it within my memory.

You can actually listen to the ENTIRE call at https://youtu.be/gdgf4CayBQI (My questions and some of these below happened around 42 minutes. A few questions and answers occurred in text chat rather than voice though)

What's going on with all the recent Regional changes, such as India?

We’ve moved fast in trying to get BAT to everyone and make ourselves available in as many regions as possible. Unfortunately each government has different restrictions and we’ve encountered some pushback from that in different countries. For example, each country has different requirements for KYC/AML among other things that weren’t being met by current standards, so those regions had to be put on hold while this gets resolved.

We really want India and other countries to be able to be Verified and are working behind the scenes to do everything we need. We hope to get this resolved ASAP but there’s no timeline.

Why can't we use Coinbase, Binance, or other exchanges?

The process in having a business relationship with exchanges is more difficult than Users may realize. There are a lot of fees and other arrangements that need to be set up to happen.
That said, we are in talks with multiple and hoping to reach new deals to expand offerings. In fact, we can’t give details, but we have a major deal we’re hoping to reach soon that would make Users very happy. We are also always reaching out and trying to do business with other companies, but it takes time.

What is the status of Pay With BAT?

We are working on this and hoping to get it out quickly. Chris and his team is working on this and we’ll try to get an update from him on this for the next call.

What's going on with system constantly not being able to reconcile ads in time for payments? Especially when people are having less than 50% of their earnings sent and the rest "rolled over."

Point well taken - a lot of the infrastructure upgrades that Jimmy mentioned earlier apply to payments/settlements and aim to improve that process. (Literal answer, their words)

Can we get a better system feedback for flagged accounts? (Many don't realize until try to link to Uphold or Gemini, it should show in Rewards menu)

Support team is working on some process updates, as we’ve heard a lot of feedback on this. We could all benefit from more feedback loops in product.

Detailed ad tracking - Similar in above, but when we go to 30-Day Ad History, to be able to see the BAT per ad instead of just showing ad and if viewed, dismissed, or clicked

This is a good bit.

Can we fix History? Right now Tab Sync doesn't work on many devices and History is broken, only allowing typed URL and that doesn't always work.

We are working on Tab Sync for iOS now and this should be working well for other systems. History is limited because of Chrome’s changes, which is what we use for Brave. We had tried doing more robust history before but ran into a lot of issues. This is something we will try to look at again.

If you’re not seeing History appearing from typed URL, then that is a problem. We’ll look into that.

4 Likes

@Saoiray

Re History:

@Chocoholic

You will likely want to see the PSA, above.

Thanks for heads up. Will add to the User Solutions: 1.39.x thread. The actual Brave Help and PSA posts were removed due to character limits, but they are linked in post #2:

Selected Topics: Brave Help and PSA Topics: (Moved Content/Char Limit)

• Brave Help Center FAQ
  • Brave Help and Resources Category
  • PSA Topics

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.