Any upates on Uphold India as a region not supported?

I know that India was removed from the supported regions from Uphold and Gemini thus making Indian Brave users unable to receive BATs from browser and many content creators being stuck with their payments.
It would be good if management can resolve this issue or can come with any other custodial account to let people withdraw their BATs received from ads.
Brave probably has a large customer base in India and solving this issue to the earliest will help this project have a higher impact on world.
Thanks.

If you have a creators account then you should be able to connect uphold to your creators account. I am from India and i have connected my creators account to uphold 20 days ago and received the payment too. But linking is not working on ads payouts.

You may want to listen to the first few minutes of last weeks community call. They discuss in general the status of the restrictions in place.

The community call is weekly. Link to join: BAT Community Call (Tuesdays @ 21:00 UTC)

Keep an out on the Community support staff notices and the Help Center article for updates.

NOTICE: New region restrictions on verifying Brave Rewards with Gemini

NOTICE: New region restrictions on verifying Brave Rewards with Uphold

Supported regions for verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial wallet provider

Just a FYI, that’s off a bit. It is 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM (eastern time).

2200 UTC would be 6pm (eastern).

I’m not sure when it ever shifted that hour, but just know from attending that it is indeed starting around that 2100 UTC instead and usually ends around that 2200 UTC

And yeah, they never did update the text on Reddit for some reason. I know it still shows the 2200 UTC there.

Ugh. Thanks but typical. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.