Cannot login my brave account with uphold

Everytime i try to login with my smartphone, appears “something went wrong” and i cannot re-authorize my brave with uphold. What to do? Thanks.
I have already verified profile. Thanks.

1 Like

@Markurt30 You’re the second person today telling me of this issue. Both are on Android. Just so you know, you should still be connected to Uphold as far as Brave is concerned, it’s just your browser that’s not connecting and showing your balance through Brave that would have an issue.

This said, I’m trying to figure out what might be causing the issue. Can you do me a favor and provide some information?

1. What version of Brave are you using? (Can you make sure it’s updated)
  2. Which version of Android are you on?
  3. Are you using Uphold app on your device? If so, is Uphold opening when you’re trying to sign in? (Uphold opening in app can interfere)
  4. Any issues going to uphold.com and logging in?
  5. Which region are you in?

Hi @Saoiray , thanks for your help!

i’m using Brave 1.36.112, last stable update. I have a xiaomi mi9 lite with android 10QKQ1.190828.002, and yes,all right, i’m using uphold app. i also already written to them, they told me no problem on account. Uphold go open when i try, but appears the error. in the end, no issue from login by uphold.com. I’m living in Italy. i’ll wait for your answer, thanks in advance.

I had been facing the same issue as you. I’ll help you get around this issue. Please follow these steps.

1. Uninstall Uphold app after clearing the app cache and storage.
  2. Go to verify wallet in Brave mobile browser and continue to verify and authorize Brave.
  3. Note that this time it would open in Brave only and would not give you the options to open the verification and authorization in either Chrome or Uphold.
  4. Go through with the authorization and voila.
1 Like

Looks like @superscizorscy gave one of the ideas. I’ve been asking a lot of people to try to clear cookies but nobody had gotten back to me. (some of them were on desktop too). So not sure if that would help.

On Android, it has long been a problem that if it’s opening through Uphold instead of going completely through Brave, that it wouldn’t connect. So I should have mentioned that, but superscizorscy definitely got that covered.

So if you can give it a shot, it would be good to see if it makes a difference for you. I’d go with the Uphold app thing first if you have it, just to make sure. If it doesn’t work, try to clear cache and cookies. (don’t clear data, that would have bigger issues)

@Saoiray @superscizorscy i tried the trick, but… nope. i have the same issue! i really have no idea…:confused:

@Markurt30 We’re going to have to wait for staff. If you check the Topic below, you’ll see you’re not the only one.

After Steeven and I kind of ran some idea by him and he tried various things, still no success. Just before the weekend, Steeven replied with:

So hopefully they pick right up and run with it. Feel free to comment on that Topic to share you’re also having this same issue. It will help to let it be seen that it’s not just an isolated incident.

2 Likes

@Markurt30,
What happens when you try and verify your wallet through the browser/uphold.com directly instead of the app?

Hi !! Thanks in Advance.

If i goes trough site, Is All ok. If i try to re-authorize by the app, appears “something goes wrong”. Everytime. It’s frustrating

You should only need to re-verify the browser once. Verify your wallet via the browser and you should be good to go.

The only way to re-authorize Is by brave browser. And It comes the matter. I’m Sorry that before i wrote in bad eng

Yes — so re-authorize using the browser and you should be good to go.

I already tried… doesn’t run. Only by mobile phone, with macbook Is ok

I’m having some trouble understanding what you’re saying.

Please tell me what happens when you try verify your Android wallet with Uphold using the Uphold website (not the app)?

You have reason! Sorry. My actions: go on top and tap to verify (on brave triangle) - verify account - tap on uphold - login (with uph app) - error

Right. Please follow these instructions exactly:

1. Uninstall the Uphold app from your phone
  2. Open Brave and visit Uphold.com
  3. Login to your Uphold account
  4. Open the Shields panel after logging in (lion icon in the address bar) and change the cookies setting to All cookies allowed
  5. Now tap the BAT icon and then Verify wallet
  6. Reauthorize your account using the browser
4 Likes
Unable to verify uphold wallet on multiple android devices
Can't link Uphold Wallet to Brave
Unable to connect Uphold account
I can't click on uphold wallet on my phone to claim rewards
Error "Your request is still being processed, please wait" trying to re-verify my uphold on android
Error when re-authorising uphold account
No puedo reclamar los BATS de hace 4 meses Android
On android when i try to verify wallet it says "Something went wrong. Please try again." on uphold
Cannot verify wallet w/ Gemini
İ cant loggin uphold
Can't verify uphold wallet on brave mobile browser despite it being verified on desktop browser
Mobile wallet still won't verify
Verify Wallet with no success
April payout not received
Brave is not Connecting to my Uphold Account
Not able to connect uphold to brave wallet
User Solutions: Brave Release 1.38.x
Brave rewards device limit on the same device
Unable to verify Brave Wallet in Uphold
Android Brave Rewards simply doesn't work
Problem with the verification (UPHOLD)
When I try to log in to Uphold on my phone, the error "Something went wrong. Please try again."
Pc and cell phone does not sync with UPhold
Brave reward wallet uphold disconnected
Brave Android browser not connecting to my uphold account again
Problem verifying account
Can't access websites (your connection to this site is not secure)
In Uphold app it is showing connected but brave browser still showing as not verified. Why?
Android ads not showing
Brave verification via uphold
My brave rewards payment has not arrived
Unable to link Uphold with brave browser
I cannot link my Uphold account to Brave - Android
User Solutions: Brave Release 1.38.x
I FOUND SOLUTION on ANDROID phone to VERIFY WALLET!
Error issue, what is the reasons?
Not Able To link Uphold Wallet I am Verified On Uphold Wallet
Upload wallet verified but it's showing not verified and all BAT tokens are disappearing in brave browser
Unable to login uphold wallet, it always shows unverified
Error claiming Brave rewards in UpHold
Brave Rewards Balance just shows a spinning circle | cannot verify wallet
Anyone else having issues on log in after update?
Brave Rewards Screen Is Blank
Brave Rewards Screen Is Blank
User Solutions: Brave Release 1.37.x
I can't get my wallet verified on my mobile
Unable to Verify Android Brave Account
Bat from March not received to my Uphold
Problem verifying my wallet "Try again when you're done verifying your ID in Uphold"

Sorry for delay! THANKS SO MUCH!! FINALLY IS ALL OK. Really thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like