When I try to log in to Uphold on my phone, the error "Something went wrong. Please try again."

When I try to confirm my account in Brave on my phone via Uphold app, it loads and gets the error "Something went wrong. Please try again."

Android 11, Brave version 1.37.116

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no) - No

What date did you verify your wallet? - 30.04.2022

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? - No

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)- No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)? - Yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)? - Yes

Have you fully completed Uphold’s CDD requirements? - Yes

Hi and welcome to the community. :smiley:

First you should update Brave and your OS to the latest version. Brave release version 1.38.109 is now available.

Then try this:
Cannot Connect Brave Rewards with Uphold Account

If that doesn’t work, check these things:

1. Make sure your account is verified at Uphold. Go to your profile page and there should be a verified date at the bottom.

Example: Screenshot of a Verified Profile at Uphold
    Can’t verify and authorize the wallet, can’t connect Brave to Uphold - #2 by Impoiler

2. Make sure all your personal information in your Uphold account is accurate and complete. For example, Uphold will verify your account with an incomplete address, but Brave needs your full address, including street number, street, city, etc.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

As several users have previously stated, you can do the nuclear option of uninstalling uphold but in modern Android this is unnecessary. Merely long hold the Uphold wallet app icon, click app info, scroll to “Open by default” and click it, click the “open supported links” slider to turn it off. Go back to brave browser and complete the authorization. Return to the Settings window and reenable the “Open supported links” slider. Back out of app info. Literally profit.

1 Like

@revzman123 Thanks for the information. I don’t use anything but a desktop so really don’t know anything about android devices. This definitely seems an easier fix.

I hope users experiencing problems try this and report back if it was successful for them! Would be really interesting to know. :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.