Can't link Uphold Wallet to Brave

I have 10 BAT in Brave and a verified wallet on Uphold, but when I try to link Brave, the following error appears “Error: You need a verified wallet to log in
Please try again after you have completed ID verification on Uphold.” I already contacted Uphold support but it seems to be ok, I was asked to contact Brave support, and here I am. Can anyone help me?

Do you have more than one wallet linked to uphold? You are only allowed 4 max lifetime. Also, uphold sucks. Gemini is way better. Unfortunately, Gemini is not currently an option for mobile Brave browser. Until then, mine will sit in unverified wallet as I refuse to use Uphold. Once you put in Uphold. Good luck getting it out on top of the crazy gas fees. Who is going to pay 50 BAT in gas fees to move 10 BAT elsewhere? I don’t have this issue with Gemini.

i sent 100 bat out of uphold for the brave wallet swapstakes, fee was 14 bat.

I’ve never associated Brave with any other wallet, I use brave on mobile, I can’t use Gemini, I want to buy another cell phone so I don’t want to leave the measly 10 BATs in the unverified wallet.

you should probably dm @steeven or @Mattches

On android, If you have the uphold app installed, if it open the app instead of loggin inside brave, then go in the uphold app advanced settings and disable the default open link feature. Then after, when loggin it will stay in brave, and the loggin will work, hope that help

You can convert your uphold BAT’s to XRP/Matic and perform the transfer to same networks using uphold and then sell or stake at exchanges

Dont send directly , convert to XRP and then send , you will only pay 0.001XRP

@WalterDarko Hi and welcome to the community. I think your post was hi-jacked! lol

Here are some things you need to check:

1. Are you updated to the latest Brave version and OS version?
  2. Does your device pass the SafetyNet check?
  3. Make sure your account is verified at Uphold. Got to your profile page and there should be a verified date at the bottom.
  4. Make sure all your personal information in your Uphold account is accurate and complete. For example, Uphold will verify your account with an incomplete address, but Brave needs your full address, including street number, street, city, etc.
  5. If all of the above is ok, then try this:
    Cannot login my brave account with uphold - #17 by Mattches

Finally, please be aware there is a problem with some users receiving that message in error and preventing them from connecting to their Uphold accounts. You may be one of those users. Per a recent post by a moderator:

You may want to track that topic and the one below (related issue). The moderators will probably be posting to those topics with any updates.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.