Site Display Lag issues

Description of the issue:
I seem to be getting weird communication problems when first trying to open sites. Usually resulting in some type of a site not available message or something to that effect and then maybe 1 or 2 seconds later the site opens properly,
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
unknown other than opening a site
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
I don’t have any examples because it usually happens too fast to capture but maybe I’ll get something.
Expected result:
Usually itdoes finally work correctly just a hiccup getting there.
Reproduces how often:
It can be many sites in a row or I may go days without any. But it’s rarely one site after another after another. You might have one give you the message and then the next x might not and then you may get another. Realize that I’m not talking about opening one site immediately after another but opening them as I might come across them in going through emails that point me to various links. It could be 20 minutes in between one to the next or 30 seconds.
Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Additional Information:

This an issue that has popped up over the last couple of version updates. Posted two related GitHub issue reports below that may be related. The first is closed and the second is still open. There was a fix for slow or no loading pages that worked for some users but it appears the problem is still occurring for others.

I also posted an active Community topic relating to this issue. You may want to post in the open GitHub report and/or in the Community topic that you are also still experiencing this issue. You should try troubleshooting your problem first though.

There are troubleshooting steps throughout the issue reports and the topic that either solve or improve the problem for some users. You may want to work through those and see if they have any impact. There are also links to other Community and reddit posts that also have troubleshooting steps that may work in your situation. Basically, your best bet will be to work through the actions others have taken and see if they work for you!

I know there is a lot of information and troubleshooting steps to wade through but there just isn’t one solution or workaround that works in all situations. Unfortunately, since it appears you are still having a problem even after the recent fix, you will have to go through the troubleshooting steps or just live with it until another fix is released. :slightly_frowning_face:

Hope this information helps. Take care. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I got lucky and caught one tonight on my Android. But the error doesn’t really explain why things are going wrong. It almost seems like a DNS problem saying the site doesn’t exist or may have been moved. And as quick as that displays the site comes up just like a split 2nd later.

Posted link to instructions for flushing DNS. If you think it is a DNS problem, then this might work for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

This is on Android.0

I should have realized from the screenshot. lol I just glanced up and saw the windows tag. ooops.

Looks like that message may be a redirect? You might try

1. disabling Auto-redirect AMP pages at brave://settings/shields
  2. disabling Pop-ups and redirects at brave://settings/content/popups.
  3. disabling Use hardware acceleration when available at brave://settings/system.

I think AMP is disabled by default in the newer versions of Brave, but you might want to go to brave://flags and Reset all just in case there is a glitch. You can also try clearing history/cache for all time and for the same reason. lol

I don’t know anything about the settings on an Android device so if the links don’t have additional troubleshooting info for Android, you might want to tag the moderators and see if they can help.

@CityguyUSA

Windows OS and Brave Browser event monitoring

How to use Developer Tools:

Developer Tools > Network:

Developer_Tools_-Application-_Cookies__example_Amazon.com_00

Monitor network activity – NetLimiter 4:

Windows OS has a diagnostic tool named ‘Event Viewer’:

There is a main window for the application. The particular events of interest re your issue, would show in the Custom Views > Administrative Events as depicted in the illustration:

Do not be alarmed by the ‘Error’ and ‘Warning’ labels in the ‘Event Viewer’ windows. With experience, using Event Viewer, one sees such alarms, often.

The object of the exercise – if you choose to take a look – is to be prepared and have that ‘Event Viewer’ window open and in a location within your computer display, so that you can observe events that are being listed, while you are also using Brave Browser.

@Chocoholic

You did nothing wrong, addressing the Windows OS perspective. Android involvement is not mentioned in the OP, nor in the topic title.

Thank you.

1 Like

lol Thanks! The screenshot should have made a lightbulb click though. That is something I am constantly overlooking. I either miss the tag or miss that the screenshot is for a different device. Guess I need to slow down and I’m slow to begin with! :grinning:

And thanks for the additional info especially the links on devtools. I’m going to bookmark those for later. Been meaning to look into that one day… and with your post in User Solutions, I think someone, or something, is trying to nudge me in that direction. :wink:

1 Like

I don’t know what happened but I had to set an Android tag when I posted this initially but I don’t see it anywhere. I only had a choice of IOS or Android.

No problem. :smiley: I changed it for you. :wink:

For future reference, you can always edit your topic title, category, and tags by clicking on the pencil at the end of the title.

Did you try the suggestions? Did anything help?

Yeah, it should’ve.
:grin:

1 Like

IKR that 50-50 thing going on… :wink:

1 Like

It’s probably 60-40. :grin:
Nah, just joking, you are right enough.

pfffft go away! and j/k :grinning:

I don’t even want to keep track b/c would be just awful if it turned out 40-60 (or worse). lol

@CityguyUSA Bah. Just realized I was hijacking your topic. Sheesh. So sorry. I got carried away! Good thing I’m not keeping track… :grinning:

Please update your post if anything you tried worked. Also, there is an new Brave version (1.41.x) planned for release 07/12/22 which may fix your issue.

Here’s another error that comes up regularly:

@CityguyUSA Posting another topic with problem with Quicken sign in below. Is that when you get the error? That post has a link to the Brave GitHub report but posting again below. It has been 14 days since the post and the GitHub report does not indicate the fix was released. You might want to tag a moderator to see if they can check into status.

Also, you may want to try disabling fingerprinting in shields for the quicken site to see if that stops or limits the Page Unresponsive error. If you are getting the same message for multiple sites, you can try disabling fingerprinting and/or fingerprinting based on settings in brave://settings/shields until the fix is released and then you can reenable.

What is fingerprinting? Trying to reuse the page without reloading?

Posting a Brave article that explains better than I ever could! :smiley: