Some sites freeze (including this one)

Description of the issue:
Some websites, including this Brave tech support site, load or start to load but are then essentially frozen (nothing can be clicked on).

How can this issue be reproduced?
Sites that fail, always fail. I’m filling out this form using Edge. One example that hopefully will help in troubleshooting is this. I have (2) Gmail accounts. One is a private, free account (with very little activity), and the other is a Google Workspace Account (with lots of activity). With Brave, the simple, basic account email opens correctly 100% of the time whereas the workspace account never opens. It gets to the loading page but never gets beyond that.

Is there anything in settings to check that might be causing this?

Brave Version: 1.49.120 Chromium: 111.0.5563.64 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thanks.

Hello @dt126

Thank you for reaching out and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

Let us know if that helps!

Thank you for the tip. Disabling HW Acceleration did work for GMAIL. However, it did not work for you site.

I went through all of my extensions and figured out that, “Auto Quality for YouTube,” was the culprit. If I had it enabled and loaded your site, it would freeze about every other time. I tested it at least 50 times and all my other extensions enabled and that one disabled and no problems.

Has there ever been an issue reported with this extension before? For now, I changed the settings so that extension only has access to youtube.com. It seems to have fixed it, but if not, I’ll try one of the alternatives.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.