Loading websites became super slow

Since the last couple of weeks, opening a new website has about a 10 seconds lag before the website even starts loading. Opening new pages within the same website works properly though.

Also, the cursor is white on white background.

I’m on Windows, Brave v1.48.158.

Tried disabling hardware acceleration, reinstalling Brave and using Brave Beta but still the same issue. Interestingly, the exact thing happens on Chrome but not on Firefox.

Hello @radamel7

Thank you for reaching out and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Could you kindly use guest mode to see if the issue persist?

You can open a Guest Window by going to Main menuOpen Guest window

If that works try disabling your extensions to see if this is the cause of the issue.

1. On your computer, open Brave.
  2. At the top right, click MenuMore toolsExtensions.
  3. On to the extension you want to remove, click Remove.
  4. Confirm by clicking Remove.

Be waiting for your response!

Thanks for your reply, Alice.

The same thing happens in a guest window.

Hello @radamel7

Thanks for your reply we appreciate the details. Could you kindly try to disable https//: and block scripts to see if the issue persist?

Additionally, try going to brave://flags > Search 'Vulkan' > Disable Vulkan > Retest

Let us know if that helps.
Regards.

Yes, same issue. Also, disabling https doesn’t really work as it’s forced anyway (even after disabling it manually again by clicking on the Brave icon in the search bar).

Which site specifically so we can measure.

Any website (in terms of the lag when loading) and any input field (in terms of white cursor on white field), including the one I’m writing this comment in.

1 Like

@Alice2095 @fanboynz any ideas?

Hi @fanboynz

Could you help me with this issue? :raised_hands:

Regards!

@fanboynz @Alice2095 pages load fine now. The white cursor white on white background issue is still there though.

@fanboynz @Alice2095 any updates on this?

My first response is still needed. Given I’m not seeing any issues, I need a valid comparison point.

The cursor is white on any input field with white background (like the one used to leave comments here, writing emails in Gmail, Google Docs etc.)

Just searching on google.com, showing Task manager usage. (it looks fine )

• HW acceleration = enabled
  • Clean install, no extensions

Test in a clean Brave build. Test in Brave Beta or Nightly. No extensions.

Tried Brave Beta and same issue - sometimes it works fine but most of the time it doesn’t.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.