YouTube Aggregated issue (Merged Topic)

Creating this as a master topic for all the duplicate posts regarding YouTube showing the adblock warning/notice.

Solution:

Remains the same. Keep browser updated, go to brave://components and make sure everything there is updated. Lastly, you may need to clear all Google/YouTube cookies.

Example:

I actually had just experienced this message for the first time myself.

When I first saw the notice I made sure to update components and tried. Notice appeared again, so then went to clear cookies just for YouTube. When I returned, it didn’t take long for the notice to appear again.

I gave it a little time and then checked components again. Much to my surprise it did an update or two, even though had done it just like 10-20 minutes before. I then went to brave://settings/content/all and searched for Google and YouTube and then removed all cookies. When I returned, so far YouTube isn’t giving the notice.

Then to one up, I also just did the update to Brave 1.61. I have video playing this entire time and no issues. I’ll let you know if it comes back for me. Otherwise assuming everything has been resolved for now.

EDIT
Started merging and hit wrong button, which messed things up,. which is why this is attempt #2. Sorry if any confusion.

Below is excerpt from my prior PSA on this. It kind of repeats the above but said differently

This is something that seems to be appearing quite often around the internet and I figured I’d try to create a topic exclusively on it. Below are some things to keep in mind. All information is from what I’ve experienced and learned from others. This isn’t anything official from Brave.

You’ll encounter this on any browser or with any extensions

Every web browser and adblock is encountering this message. Nobody will be immune. That said, Brave is keeping up and slightly ahead.

Switching to Firefox, Vivaldi, or whatever else won’t save you. Neither will using uBlock Origin, AdBlock, Undetectable Adblocker, or any of the bunch of things out there.

What can be done about it?

• Be mindful of what extensions you’re using. Some will more easily trigger this message. One such extension is Enhancer For YouTube which has an adblock component in it that people were unaware. Fewer extensions used = less chances of issues.

• Try not to add a lot of custom content filters. The more you add, the higher chance of breaking content or getting adblock detected. Ideally you shouldn’t need to have added anything.

• Be mindful of using multiple adblockers. If possible, use only Shields.

• Keep your components and browser up-to-date. YouTube is actually pushing out new blocks multiple times per day to try to counter anything that Brave, uBlock Origin, and other adblock are doing to try to circumvent detection.

To update components Brave on Android or Desktop, go to brave://components and make sure things like Brave Ad Block Resources Library and Brave Ad Block Updater are at their latest by hitting the Check for updates button.

NOTE

Adblock components are being updated multiple times per day. Brave automatically applies those updates, but it’s set to check like once every 5 hours (some discussion is occurring about updating more frequently). Manually checking and updating will make sure you’re using the latest quicker and may help resolve the issue.

If an update is applied, it’s good to exist Brave and reopen. You should notice the issue is resolved at that point.

I may have more to add later, but these are the key parts. I do know some had to do things like clear cookies for Google in order for the message to go away, but that’s not happening often enough for me to include on a key part of the suggestions.

And no, unfortunately there’s no way to manually update the components on iOS at this time.

TL:DR

Make sure:

• You have everything updated at brave://components

• Brave is updated to its most recent release

• You are using little to no extensions. If you have an issue, remove them entirely or test in private or new profile. You’ll tend to see issue won’t persist when you do this.

• Don’t use custom filters if possible.

• You may have to clear cookies/cache, as some have reported the warning will continue to show until then.

Boy YouTube’s idiocy is getting on my nerves, picked up Brave because its a good easy browser to use and I escape ads on YouTube and other sites. Was going fine until I saw this when going to watch a video on YouTube. Picked a random video just to nab a screenshot for the post.

Go to brave://components and update Brave Ad Block First Party Filters.

Tried it, still showing the message after updating the component.

Try testing in private window mode

Gave that a shot and for the time being that mode seems to work. Will keep an eye on that for now.

Try clearing the cookies and cache in brave://settings/clearBrowserData

And then re-test normal window mode. (and login)

I’ll do that soon, for now Private works perfect.

1 Like

doesnt work for me

only private mode with ads works…

Okay, test with no extensions in normal mode

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Go to YouTube in Brave Browser
  2. Try to play a video
  3. Users will get the “Disable your ad blocker” message

Expected result:
Can’t watch videos

Brave Version( check About Brave):
[
Version 1.60.125 Chromium: 119.0.6045.199 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
Started today, December 6, 2023, after working great for several months.

1 Like

As of today I am receiving an error playing videos at Youtube with the Brave browser.

ERROR:

Video player will be blocked after 3 videos
It looks like you may be using an ad blocker. Video playback will be blocked unless YouTube is allowlisted or the ad blocker is disabled.
Ads allow YouTube to be used by billions worldwide.
You can go ad-free with YouTube Premium, and creators can still get paid from your subscription.

1 Like

Yep, same thing here. I wasn’t on the latest version, but it still happened to me too. Browser couldn’t update automatically and had to download the install file and install manually.

Now it’s the latest version, 1.60.125 Chromium: 119.0.6045.199 (Official Build) (64-bit), and youtube still blocks videos. Even after removing the couple blockers I had that were turned off for youtube. Private window plays videos fine.

Sucks, cause now it seems like they’re blocking by accounts. Meaning you’ll either have to use a backup account, or watch them without an account at all.

I am seeing the same as of about 1 hour ago. Disabling the “shields” removes the block, so it does not appear to be Youtube account based.

Brave Ad Block Updater - Version: 1.0.2671
Brave Ad Block Resources Library - Version: 1.0.82

same happened to me just now

Yeah I just returned from the shop and got this as well when trying to access youtube videos from my laptop using Brave.

Well if Brave doesn’t get any updates to circumvent this then I guess I will at last sadly have to stop using… Youtube of course.

Censorious platforms that don’t let you view videos even when you download them with the premium mobile app should not be rewarded in any way :smiley:

Rumble and Bitchute it is

1 Like

What i meant to say was that Brave still blocks ads fine while not logged into youtube.

I actually just tested this out by logging into a different Google account i have with Brave Shields turned on and videos play just fine. So it definitely is going based on accounts.

I have the same problem, but it seems to be only on my computer. It’s really strange, when I log out of my account, the videos play without ads. But on my phone, even when I’m connected to my account, there’s no message.

What I found out:

Couldn’t access any video as I would get the hurr durr ad blocker message

Signed out of my usual google account and logged into the account I keep for more serious purposes.
Videos work no problem.
So apparently it is account based maybe?

Edit: Also it works just fine on my phone. Could be a mix between my google account, IP, device(maybe MAC address?)

My message on another thread:

"Yeah I just returned from the shop and got this as well when trying to access youtube videos from my laptop using Brave.

Well if Brave doesn’t get any updates to circumvent this then I guess I will at last sadly have to stop using… Youtube of course.

Censorious platforms that don’t let you view videos even when you download them with the premium mobile app should not be rewarded in any way :smiley:

Rumble and Bitchute it is"

Update:

What I found out:

Couldn’t access any video as I would get the hurr durr ad blocker message

Signed out of my usual google account and logged into the account I keep for more serious purposes.

Videos work no problem.

So apparently it is account based maybe?

Also it works just fine on my phone. Could be a mix between my google account, IP, device(maybe MAC address?)

1 Like