BRAVE AD BLOCKER stopped working even after applying all fixes

Today brave stopped blocking my youtube ads :(. The whole reason why i initially downloaded the browser was because of the built in ad blocker feature that worked on youtube. The ads appear but they are black, but you can still hear the voices etc. I’ve read all the other posts on here and made sure it’s up to date, which it is. I’ve switched the adblocker to aggressive, I tested it on a private browser and I’m still getting ads. Please help.

Description of the issue:

Exact URL of the website in question:

Screenshot of the ad as it appears in Brave:

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)
YES
Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?
YES
Does the ad appear when using a Private window as well? (yes/no)
YES
What OS are you using when you see the ad?

Brave version (check About Brave):
Version 1.60.118 Chromium: 119.0.6045.163 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

Aware of it, have notified uBO authors

2 Likes

I hope they can find away to get it working again. I refuse to watch ads.

Does it work in private window mode?

@achi22 and @Villefere I know Fanboynz mentioned known issue for some, but I know I can’t replicate.

Could both of you do a favor and share some information as requested below? Preferably show screenshots of everything if possible.

• Which version of Brave you’re using, found at brave://settings/help

• Your settings at brave://settings/shields

• While on YouTube, click the lion icon and show settings there (make sure Advanced Controls are collapsed so we can see it)

• Go to brave://settings/shields/filters and share screenshots of what you have selected

• What operating system are you using? (Such as Windows 11, MacOS Sonoma 14, etc)

• Screenshot of brave://extensions/.

operating system:
Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎2/‎10/‎2023
OS build 22621.2715
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22677.1000.0

no. I tested it in private with both my account signed in and not. Both still had ads

I am no longer receiving ads after changing a few settings. I just followed a post which gave some recommended settings, I cant find it now.

let me know if you find it again

Was supposed to be brave://extensions, not brave://settings/extensions. What I really wanted to see is which extensions you had and if any of them seemed to be known issues on the adblock.

What I can say, @achi22, is that based on screenshots you do have the extension button image on yours. So I know you have extensions.

I know you mentioned doing on Private window, but would you do a favor and test on a new profile? I have a feeling that if you do new profile and you don’t change settings or add extensions, it should work as intended.

The other thing to verify is that going to brave://components has everything updated.

Btw, sorry, I went a couple days without a response. It seems not to have tagged me since you did just a basic reply. It helps if tag people. It’s one of the reasons why I always type out names to tag, as I like to make sure notifications are generated and nothing missed.

Created a new profile and didn’t touch any settings or extensions and still had the same problem. Everything is updated! And sorry for not tagging, I’m still new to all this. @Saoiray

Much appreciated @achi22. Was hoping to see something in all of that. Majority of people having issues would see a resolution in one of the steps, or at least have us identify a problem.

@fanboynz you have any other ideas or updates?

I personally find there is no logic on why yt is keep doing the same thing again and again… what im little bit concerned is, what if they noticed that if removing cookies/site data is effective on removing these blocks and fix the issue, will they actively start copying the cookies/site data and tie it with a user account and listen to that data for yt account functioning ? Although people could manually delete cookies/site data as the browser controls this data, wouldn’t that move starts to become ineffective while they actively start to use the backup copy which they tied into a user’s yt cloud account for site functioning?.. Because now a user cannot locate that data which is stored in google servers so they wont be able to delete it

If they managed to do that, then users will only left with the option of, To watch ad-free yt user experience, users need to be signed out ? And also what if they purposefully turn off all comments section/Recommended section/Blank home page like yt home page becoming more like google.com home page where people can watch videos while they search for the title and purposefully blocking variety of discovery and trend options ? i think it will demotivate users and make them sign in to have the full experience of yt…

yt team thinks that they are a failure or they have made a huge mistake for taking the initiative to stop people from using adblock as adblock won the fight but the truth is the initiative isnt wrong, it’s just their implementation are wrong as following the aggressive route could really stop adblock and people still have to abide by the rules because there is no competitor to youtube…

Im not supporting yt, i just said it because the fight of adblock and yt team makes no sense/logic and also yt is also greedy, if it was just 1 ad, people would have no issues but the problem started while they initiated the Ad 1 of 2 , Ad 2 of 2… this is irritating and there are sometime 6 ads which is the reason why people want to use adblock more now…

Try uninstall and reinstall,Hope your issue will fixed

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.