Switch to New Tab When Opening Link

Would like it if there was an option to automatically switch to a new tab if I open a link in a new tab.

It’s something I’m used to in Firefox and finding it a little annoying when it doesn’t happen with Brave.

1 Like

Agreed; you’re not alone.

It seems to me that when one opens a new tab, the focus should shift to that tab. You mention that’s the way Firefox works. Brave (Muon) also offered this as an option. (Choices are great!)

This is a furrow that’s been previously plowed:

and

Repeating my request: offer this as an option. Choices are great! There’s no one-size-fits-all.

Unfortunately, Brave doesn’t appear to be responsive to this request.

Oh, yes - it would be so nice to have an option in the settings to have each link from the address bar/URL/bookmarks by a single left mouse click.

1 Like

Offer the option of immediately shifting focus to a newly opened tab as just that – an option – for those of us who are accustomed to this behavior in other browsers. As noted above, this option was avalable in Brave’s Muon version. Port that code to Brave’s current version.

• No need to write new code.
• No need to test new code.
• No need to debug new code.
• Port the relevant Muon code to Chromium.

Folks who don’t want the option can ignore it. Those of us – accustomed to other browsers – will have the option of consistent behavior across browsers. I’m agnostic about which option should be the default, but offer the choice.

Hi @nicecap and @redbike9,

Thanks for your post, and for the feature request! I’ll be sure and pass this on to the team.

Thanks again!

Hi, folks, is there a way to open links in new tab? (I understand this is being requested as a feature as per the other posts here) but is there something else one can do now to open links and bookmarks in a new tab? Press cntl? something else? an extension? (what is that called?) I am really frustrated that every link or bookmark opens in the same page instead of a new tab, so I am looking for a shortcut other than cutting and pasting into a new tab and then going back to the other page and clicking back to go back to other tab’s content. Thanks!

Hi @dabren - you can right click and select ‘open link in new tab.’