Integration to Gemini is now up for existing users. New users will see the Gemini option grayed out, meaning any browsers that was not previously linked to Gemini will not be able to connect at this time. This is something that they are working on but I don’t have an ETA to give you.
They had been hoping to get it up today but I see it’s still down and I haven’t had any updates. But since it passed the original goal’s timeline, I wanted to at least post to let everyone know it’s still being worked on. I know if nothing else they are in the midst of testing a possible fix.
Been contacted by the Rewards team with an update to advise Gemini may have a timeline of getting the issue resolved on their end next week. The hopes are they’ll have it down fairly early in the week so Brave can have things activated on their end in the second half of the week. This is the hopes for the earliest it will happen.
I want to stress again, this is their hopes and the earliest it will happen. There can be delays. So maybe give it up to another week.
I also want to note that I asked if this will activate for everyone or if regions like Canada and Singapore which had come down prior to this issue will stay down. The simple answer is they aren’t sure and so we’ll see what Gemini is able to get back up. We’ll be hoping for the best but don’t be surprised if they suddenly go back to USA only for a short while.
Just wanted to let everyone know there is a known issue with Gemini. There are people who are trying to connect but are getting messages that
your request is still being processed, please wait or
Error: Connecting to selected custodial temporarily unavailable.
This is something they are looking into and trying to fix. I do not know what the issue is or the ETA. But at least wanted to put out a small notice for anyone who might be experiencing issues.
You can check to see if this has been resolved yet by looking at https://status.brave.com/
As of August 19, 2023 it still is down:
They are working with teams at Gemini to get the API up and running again. They are trying to get it back up this week (so August 20-26 or so) , but we’ll see how it goes.