Gemini grayed out when trying to connect existing account

Launched Brave after a reboot following Windows 10 update, all cookies cleared, stored passwords blank. That was unexpected but I have backups. When I tried to relink to my existing Gemini account, the option is grayed out with “Currently not available in your region” displayed.

I am in the United States, tested with VPN off. Reset profile and selected United States as my country, same result. I am currently logged in and connected to my Gemini account on Brave on my Android. phone.

Status shows everything is Green for Gemini. Am I missing something?

Windows 10.0.19045
Brave 1.61.114

Yeah, that Gemini isn’t available. When you went to create this topic, it provided you a template that looked like below:

Please read through our Help Center articles before opening a topic.

Rewards Help Center

Please fill out the template below:

<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

Briefly describe your issue:

What Operating System and Brave version are you using? (Menu --> About Brave)

Who is your verified custodian? (Uphold/Gemini/bitFlyer)

Are you in a supported region? (see here for list of supported regions)

If you had looked through it and checked things out, you would have had your answer. For example, https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/6539887971469 would have shown you below, which shows that Gemini is available for Creators only at this time and not for Rewards:

And if you would take time to Search Before Posting, you’d have seen the below:

Just to be clear, when you did this, you put the nail in the coffin. If you had the previous profile still on there, it would be linked on the back end and you’d keep earning. But if it’s a new installation or new profile, then it’s no longer connected at all and you can’t link again.

Gemini is not available for new profiles. The only hope anyone has is for those who have existing profiles connected. Even then, people were not able to reconnect from within the browser. It’s a big headache.

Either have to wait for on chain payments, which should arrive in coming months or will need to switch to Uphold for the new profiles.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.