Gemini not supported- USA user

Briefly describe your issue:
I am unable to link my brave rewards to my fully verified gemini account as a US user as the option is grayed out on the actual connect screen which makes no sense.
What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Windows 10 Brave is up to date

Version 1.49.120 Chromium: 111.0.5563.64 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes/no)
not yet and that is my problem!
What date did you connect a your Brave Rewards Profile?
N/A
Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
No
Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
sometimes, but even when its off, it doesn’t work.
Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)? YES!!!

is there seriously no way for me to get BAT anymore then?

okay then I guess I give up. BAT is a scam. Dead project.

@hkun I really don’t have any input on why this is happening. The newest version is 1.49.132. Did the latest version solve your problem?

If you are still experiencing an issue even after the update, the following are troubleshooting steps you can try.

1. Toggle Brave Private Ads off/on several times, then see if you can connect.
  2. Create a new profile and see if the same thing occurs in a new profile.
  3. Install Brave Beta and/or Nightly and see if the Gemini option is grayed out in those versions too.
  4. Reinstall the browser. Just download the installer again and run. Your data should be fine, but just in case, you should probably back-up your Brave-Browser folder. The path to the folder on your PC is %LOCALAPPDATA%\BraveSoftware\.

On the Gemini side,

1. go to Account->Settings and see if your account is verified: Verified will be displayed under the Account Settings.
  2. click the Applications option from the side menu and see if Brave Browser is listed under Connected Applications.

Hope this helps. Please post an update. Take care. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@hkun Try to set the flag brave://flags/#brave-rewards-allow-unsupported-wallet-providers to Enabled (just open the link in the url) and see if it helps. Also is your Rewards country in brave://rewards-internals/ set to US?

2 Likes

thanks that was helpful. Once I logged into the gemini part it said the country wasn’t the same. But I’m not sure why. Rewards country is “CA” I’m guessing that isn’t right? That is the state I live in, not country though. At this point I’m pretty tired of how crap BAT is and I’ll just turn ads off to be honest. This project is many years old but it feels like the devs have only just started it hastily in the 2021 bull market and then all quit after it ended. So I’m not interested in projects that aren’t serious.

@hkun If your Gemini account is registered in US, a simple solution is to either reset your Brave Rewards or create a new profile so that you will get a new prompt to select your Brave Rewards country, same to which your Gemini account is registered and you should be able to verify.

I’m pretty sure CA for country is Canada. Not sure if you had chosen that? If it’s set to US, then it would show Rewards country: US

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.