Gemini shows as "temporarily unavailable" - also in the US

I cannot connect Brave to my Gemini account, even though I am in the US. In those cases where Brave was previously connected, it continues to work, but when I try to connect a new Brave installation, it always shows Gemini is “temporarily unavailable”.

Per this article: Verifying with Gemini now only available for US Gemini accounts (Brave Rewards) - #3 by chriscat, accounts in the US should be able to connect with Gemini, but it’s not working for me.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using? (Menu --> About Brave)
Version 1.61.101 Chromium: 120.0.6099.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Who is your verified custodian? (Uphold/Gemini/bitFlyer)
Gemini

Are you in a supported region? (see here for list of supported regions)
I’m in the US

You’re looking at older content. Seriously, that post you linked to was from 2022. A lot happens over the course of a year. You should see the below:

The one I linked from Chriscat is just informing that people who already had their Rewards accounts linked might be able to reconnect, but they were struggling on making that happen. New Rewards profiles/devices would not be able to connect.

Then my PSA I try to keep updated as best I can. I always am reaching out to various people at Brave and share what they tell me, when I’m able to share. At this point, it’s not looking good for Gemini.

Hey Saoiray,

Thanks for the prompt response and the pointers, as always. I have to admit I was being a little lazy and only spent 15 minutes dredging through previous articles… The ones you point to didn’t pop out.

I’d agree it doesn’t look too promising; I’ll bookmark your PSA so I can keep a closer eye on it (as/if things develop).

Thanks!!

1 Like

I’m guessing you went by the default search, which is Relevance. I always have to swap it to Latest Post and then go through things, as that tends to be a bit more relevant. Otherwise, it likes to show things from years ago, which can be misleading (as you experienced).

Anyway, hoping those on chain payments are announced relatively soon or some fix arrives for Gemini. In the meanwhile, you’re pretty much stuck with the option for Uphold (unless you’re in New York) if you want to earn.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.