Can't sync devices as both devices try to "push" a code, neither pull

Description of the issue:
I am getting the exact same issue as this person posted 4 years ago that was never resolved (just one response that was “what you should see is…”, but like the previous poster, I know what I should see, but that’s not what displays):

Please see images from that post and description. My issue is exactly the same and that poster explains it better than I can. If I need to copy and paste that user’s entire post please let me know and I’ll do that instead; that post is closed.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
I don’t understand what this means, sorry

Reproduces how often:
all the time, it’s never worked

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Version 1.59.124 Chromium: 118.0.5993.117 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Type of devices currently running on the Sync chain in question:
Just one because I can’t sync. I am trying to sync a desktop (Mac) to a tablet (iPad).

Additional Information:
I don’t know what would be relevant, so please ask

If there is another way for me to sync my passwords across devices please let me know, e.g. export and import. That is my primary reason for syncing.

1 Like

@uweypaghroiWV it’s because you created sync chains on both devices. You can’t combine sync chains. Exit the sync chain from one and you should then see everything as you properly should.

Also related:

Thanks, I’m not sure what you mean by “exit sync chain” though, how do I do that? I got a barcode to scan on the Macbook, but the option in the settings menu on the iPad to scan a barcode wasn’t there, the only menu item was “sync” and from that the only option was to select either computer or mobile device. If I selected computer, the iPad gave me a code to copy and paste.

If there’s a way to get out of that, then that sounds great. How do I do that?

I have restarted the browser a few times, but there is never an option to scan a bar code (which is the instruction given on the desktop browser).

Should be able to see things in this order:

Which is below, but you should only see that when you click on Add New Device in the screenshot I put prior:

What you’re explaining is that both of your Brave browsers are showing you the key. But one of them needs to be a key and the other a lock. Going from Brave’s settings to Sync should not skip menus. You should have the first one which shows devices on, plus the settings gear thing on the upper right.

And as to how to leave, you see on the bottom of that menu is Delete Sync Account, which is how you would delete it and leave.