Cannot sync brave

I want to add iphone to sync to my laptop and computer but the instructions say you have to 1. Open Brave Browser on your mobile device and go to Settings → Sync.
2. Select Scan or enter your sync code"
But when I do this there is no option in either the settings on brave on my laptop or my iphone to “scan or enter your sync code.” On my laptop there is only the option to view sync code or add a new device but if I click on add a new device it just shows me a QR code and it saysOn your mobile device, navigate to Brave Sync in the Settings panel and click the button “Scan Sync Code" but when I go to my iphone there is NO setting for “scan sync code” - there is just the option to add a new device but if I click on add a new device on the iphone it just gives me a sync code (as words not a QR code) and says I should go to my computer and enter the sync code after tapping the button “I have a sync code” but on my laptop there is NO setting for “I have a sync code” - it just gives me a QR code to put in the iphone but I cannot put it in the iphone as there is no option to add a code

@Lou123 you created two separate sync chains instead of going to add. I discuss this at Can’t Scan QR Code or Enter Sync Phrase as it’s been a frequent mistake by users.

I doubt will be much use to you, but I did put together a bit of a different guide in that big FAQ that we have pinned to the front of this site. If you want to check out links below, it lets you see things from different views. Also makes sure to give the warning about how the sync code changes and not to keep it as a backup.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.