Unable to sync between iOS devices

I have Brave installed on both my iPad and iPhone. When I try to sync one with the other using QR Code, it sends me to a list of websites on Safari. I only use Firefox and Brave for security reasons. If I use Code Words, I don’t see “I have a Sync Code” on my other device. I have tried syncing both ways (iPad to iPhone and vice versa) with the same result. I am at a loss at this point as to how to proceed. I have the latest version of Brave installed on both devices (Version 1.27.1 (21.6.22.16)).

Description of the issue:

How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Mobile Device details

Additional Information:

Hi there, welcome to Community.

Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Any feedback on the screenshots I sent to you?

Apologies for getting back to you.

Would you happen to have any devices connected to your sync chain?
Try this troubleshoot:

1. Remove all devices from sync
  2. Go back to sync on iPad
  3. Click “start sync chain” on your iPad
  4. On your iphone, open sync
  5. Click “I have sync code”
  6. The camera will pop up and you can scan the QR code (or code words) on your iPad to start the sync

Hello,

I followed the steps below after confirming that both my iPad and iPhone did not have other devices connected to my sync chain. When I opened my iPad, the only option I get after opening sync is “Add New Device”. There is no “start sync chain”. I clicked “Add New Device” and copied the QR code with my iPhone, but I get the same result. The same thing happened when I started on my iPhone. I can never get past this step. I attach a screenshot below.

Respectfully,
Al
Cell: 407-583-7974

Good Lordy. People shouldn’t be asking for screenshots with a QR code nor should they be sharing them. If you read what it says, “Treat this code like a password if someone gets hold of it they can read and modify your synced data”

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.