Sync options not showing

Hi, I’m new to Brave so I apologise if it’s something obvious that I missed. I synced successfully my iPhone and MacBook, but I have not been able to sync my iPad. I believe this to be because there is no option to type the chain code or scan the QR code (both on iPhone and iPad, only on MacBook).

I am running version v1.37 on all devices.

1 Like

Hi and welcome. Are you still experiencing an issue? Also, make sure you are updated to the latest Brave and OS versions for all your devices.

Edit: Link to Help Center articles on Sync.

Hi, I am still having the same issue. I am running the latest versions and my devices are all up to date. My iPhone and MacBook are synced and work well. The problem that I am having is that there is no option to add my iPad. When I try to do this both my iPhone and iPad show the QR code and/or the words but there is no box to type them or button to scan the code.

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing on your iPad at brave://settings/braveSync/setup?

This is from Brave/Settings/Sync.

There is no option to add the iPad to the current chain between my iPhone and MacBook.

Looks like it is on it’s own Sync chain to me. You should probably remove (or leave) that sync chain and follow the instructions (first link below) for setting up Sync to add you iPad to your other sync chain. As I said, I don’t use Sync on multiple devices so just basing this off other topics having sync issues. I could be wrong (probably lol). I posted releated topics below in case they can help you troubleshoot.

Help Center article:

Other related topics:

Problem with Sync settings

Sync Issues between 2 laptops

From one of the links above, this is a topic where Mattches (community support) helped troubleshoot.
Can’t establish sync on new profile

That worked! I had to remove the chain and restart the app, now it’s synced properly. Thank you!

1 Like

@anon77457347 Glad it worked! :smiley:

You should mark your above post as the solution. Will help other community members with similar issues. Will also help community members and support staff to boot!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.