Brave Rewards Disappeared Aug 2023

Briefly describe your issue:
Brave Rewards Disappeared from home screen and set to zero - still exist when I go to brave://rewards-internals/

What Operating System and Brave version are you using? (Menu --> About Brave)
Mac OS 13.4.1

Version 1.56.14 Chromium: 115.0.5790.114 (Official Build) (x86_64)
]

Who is your verified custodian? (Uphold/Gemini/bitFlyer)
None - registering for Uphold today

Are you in a supported region? (see here for list of supported regions)
Yes

Same here. After the new Monterey update in the MacOS. Never happened before. How to see them in the page regularly like before??

@Gabry66 and @tr33 quick question, dokes it show at brave://rewards? I’m curious if you’re only looking at the widget or if you looked at the Brave Rewards menu.

I know that on the widget at least it should look something like below if you’re not connected to a custodial account:

It does show in the brave://rewards. The widget itself has reset though. I haven’t moved to a custodial account because until now, every time I tried, my accrued rewards were not high enough…

nothing there as well. Only signs of BAT is when checking internals.
Another funny thing. Also my language preferences seem reset, so now I am wondering if the problem did arise after the latest MacOS update or after the browser update

Yeah, not sure @Gabry66. I’m trying to compare the two of you to All my BAT points are gone. Each has said something slightly different but yet kind of similar all around. Also kind of trying to see if it’s same or different than MY BATS ARE GONE - without wallet

I just joined here to say the same thing, All 41 of my BAT is missing, same with the BAT on my android brave browser

@kmjp can you advise if it’s similar though? For example:

• Are you connected to a custodial account?

• Do you see it listed at brave://rewards or at brave://rewards-internals?

• Which version of Android are you using? (like Android 10, 12, or what?)

• Which version of Brave are you using?

Desktop : WIN 10 x64
Not connected to a custodial account.
Nothing listed on brave://rewards except a button that says ‘ready to start earning’

internals:

Rewards info

Key info seed: Valid

Rewards payment ID: 904d63ee-e972-41a9-877b-b0259dc2b189

Rewards profile created at: 10/11/2021, 03:20:38 PM

Rewards country: US

Balance info

Total balance 41 BAT

Rewards BAT: 41 BAT

Custodial account connection info

Rewards state: Not connected

brave version: 1.56.14 Chromium:115.0.5790.114

Im using android 13, brave version 1.56.16
And both brave rewards and internals are wiped clean.

You aren’t connected to Uphold / Gemini?

If yes, then you won’t be seeing the estimated earnings amount. Only connected accounts receive those since the changes in February.

As for the your balance tab, you should still see the amount of 41 BATs.

Also, could you share a screenshot of the widget? I wanna make sure we are on the same page.

rewards 1

Im not connected to Uphold or Gemini and I do not see a balance or balance tab.

So you need to connect to Uphold/Gemini to earn BATs.

If you have a balance but you’re not connected to a custodian (like Gemini, Uphold, etc.), but suddenly you’re seeing a different interface that doesn’t show a balance (like the one screenshotted below), please first just try restarting your app/browser. That usually fixes any display glitches and will show your balance again.

rewards 1

That said, we strongly recommend you connect a custodial account as soon as possible. See our blog post https://brave.com/rewards-changes.

If the issue persists after restarting the browser, we think it’s a display glitch. Team is investigating and will have a fix very soon.

Same here. My balance (21 BAT) is shown on brave://rewards-internals/ only.
When is (or was?) the sunset for the vBAT?
the article referenced here (Important Changes to Brave Rewards | Thread) stated that users would get several warnings/reminders about transfering the balance to a verified custodian, but I haven’t got that yet…
I feel kinda deflated now :cry: I don’t know if I find it worth the effort to continue with the BAT-project. There are hardly any creator I want to support that will accept BAT anyway…

Edit:
I tried restarting the browser, and now it shows up in the widget like before, and on brave://rewards

1 Like

No exact date given. They were going to have it go away around April but they delayed it. What has been promised in the past is they’ll put out announcements a month in advance (not in the browser, but on sites like this) so that nobody is caught by surprise.

Last target I heard was that new exchange partner would be arriving for India (hopefully by October) and then sunsetting of vBAT shortly after. But we’ll have to see. There are a lot of things going on and they may delay it even further or it could occur a bit sooner.

I restarted the computer and now I can see again the rewards!

1 Like

I am able to see my rewards again after restarting my desktop. But the brave rewards on my android browser arent showing and there is an infinite loading icon under “your balance”

I just want to update, my brave rewards are now appearing on both my android and desktop browser.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.