April 2022 Bat Rewards, Rewards on way button, sends me to help chat. (Windows)

Description of the issue:
First time attempting to collect rewards. Rewards have been on way for a few days. Do not know what to expect. Clicking on the link below, it takes me to the help page for an android issue from two months ago. I am using windows so it seems odd it would take me to a page for android versions. I searched though the help logs to see if anyone was reporting this issue for this month and didn’t locate anything. I do not know if this is something affecting me individually or if the rewards havent arrived yet? Your +4.019 BAT April rewards are on the way. Keep an eye out! Check status

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Click on (Check status) on brave browsers home page. In the Bat rewards information window.
  2. Sends me to a month old communication about a different issue. This was before I was a member of the Bat rewards program. No where is it anything about my personal bat or how to collect it.
  3. I am a Brave Noob, who needs help.

Expected result:
This will be the first time I am attempting to collect an award. I am unfamiliar with the process so do not have a clear answer for you. I was expecting question about my bat being delivered or a process to confirm myself to drop it in a wallet or something. Not taking me to a help forum about getting an error when trying to collect on an android device last month. I am using windows so obviously isn’t specific to my situation.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.38.111 Chromium: 101.0.4951.54 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
When I signed up for rewards, I had to install a wallet extension to the brave browser and I am using Coinbase as an exchange. Coinbase wallet extension installed and linked. Not sure if that is causing anything or if the problem is on my end. Help.

Hi and welcome to the community. :slightly_smiling_face:

I am a community member and fairly new too. Have only been using brave for a little over 4 months but I think I would be considered an active participant in the community. Hope the information I provide can help!

1. When I click Check Status link, it pulls up the correct page. It is a link to the Ads Payout status community topic that displays the current status of payouts. The page is in the Brave Rewards category under the Rewards Support sub-category. The topic number is 287895. Maybe you can pull it up via search and it will not redirect?

2. There is an open issue relating to what you describe. I do not know if this is your issue, but you could check it out and see if that solves your issue.

Source: User Solutions: Brave Release 1.38.x

ISSUE: URL Wrong Redirects / Unusable Page Tabs / Image Issues

Workarounds:

• Disable Enable De-AMP at brave://flags
  • Disable Auto-redirect AMP pages at brave://settings/shields

Workaround Sources:
Tabs in the loaded page is not working - #8 by highwind85
The website of a newspaper displays a crypto’s website instead - #12 by CerealLover
Google Images Issue (Please Help!) - #4 by Mondfarmer
Youtube over the last few days seems troubled - #2 by 289wk

1. You could try disabling the Coinbase extension and sees if that solves the problem as well as opening a new private window to see if the problem persists.

2. Try clearing history/cache, exiting brave, and reopening. That seems to be a general suggestion for issues that arise and also seems to work for many users! You could give it a shot anyway. lol

Please post an update!

I think I figured out the issue; that there is not an issue. The link was aimed and is taking me to the correct page. I thought the Green dot was signifying the payment has been sent. Does it just mean that the processes are running? I am thinking that it is because my wallet is an unverified wallet and those have not been sent yet? Also could be a timing issue as to when I joined the rewards.
Does the Link change from “Check Status” to something else when your payment has arrived vs when they start to send them out?
How long does it usually take to receive them once it says “Check Status”
Thank you for your help!

So sorry, I totally misunderstood your post. I thought you were being redirected to a totally different web page! Sheesh.

The Green Dot does mean still processing and there will be a Red Dot when payouts are complete. It does not indicate individual payout status at all. It is a global indicator of the payment process. You may see a Yellow Dot from time to time and I call those Pending but really have no clue how they are supposed to be interpreted!

I confused the dots when I first started myself. Just didn’t make sense. This is not intuitive to most users - you see a lot of posts of users who get it backwards like I did. I think that Status Update post should explain both the process and the dot colors. See post below that kind of makes sense but should really be explained within the status update post by Brave staff imo.

You can receive payouts immediately or within a day or two. Most often it seems to be within 2-3 days. It can take up to a week. So, it varies, there really is no set time. Uphold payouts are deposited directly into your Uphold account. You will receive a claim button if you use Gemini or if you have unverified Rewards.

Thank you for all your help! No worries; I did not explain the situation very well; that was my bad. The dot colors seem counterintuitive for the rewards member but intuitive for the vendor. Have a great Day!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.