Aggregate Topic: Outdated Brave crashing on YouTube

Thank you so much for fixing this on my android 6 phones (latest version of brave you guys offered on 6) as unfortunately For all those saying I should upgrade, unfortunately I cannot as my android version is the latest possible on my phone and brave stopped supporting android 6 a while ago. Worse still, I have several older devices (including my adjustable bed that I spent a lot of money on because of crippling back problems) that sadly use an app designed for android 6 and will not work on any newer android OS and the company went out of business so they never made a newer app, therefore if I get a newer phone my adjustable bed becomes worthless. For this reason I have to stay with android 6. With all that being said, now I can live to fight another day! I am to get fixes for this moving forward into the future I am hoping either with the help of AI programming or just people helping people that eventually someone will make emulators that will actually run older (or maybe newer) android version apps, but until then you really saved me some serious pain. On a lighter note, all 3 of my work PC’s (I am self employed, and work a minimum of 80 hours a week from my PC’s) which are all windows 10 pro, had no problems whatsoever this whole time, so I have to say you guys do excellent work! Kudos, and God bless you all who may have helped and worked to get this fixed!

Now on component version Brave Ad Block Updater - Version: 1.0.5052, and Youtube is still working for me. Thankyou so much! :slight_smile:

As previously mentioned, if there’s a way to ensure that it doesn’t crash in future then that would be great, even if that comes at the price of losing ad-blocking on Youtube, or even any other site. I’d rather have no adblock (where I can use an alternative such as UBlock or whatever) than have it outright crash (where I have to use another browser entirely).

I will be updating to a new PC / windows at some point, but buying a house is currently more of a priority! W7 is currently working fine for me, full ESU patched and running 0Patch for additional security (as well as my usual AV software).

@mrjoshjohnsmith just FYI, Android phones can still be connected via WiFi and used for things like the apps without having to have it connected to mobile data or anything. In other words, all service can be disconnected to the phone and it will be able to be used for anything but text messages and phone calls. (Though honestly, there are free aps for phone calls and texting via Wifi).

So you could/would use your Android 6 only as a controller for the bed and then would have your better/newer phone for your personal use. By no means trying to force you to it, but wanted to make sure that was on your mind as you’re trying to say you can’t update to a newer phone because of the one app you need.

Brave doesn’t crash on youtube, but I notice that sometimes the YT sound lags/draggs, becoming robotic while playing it slowly. It disappears when I deactivate GPU acceleration on Brave.

I have a more than capable computer, in fact I have it for more than 2 years, and this issue started to happen only a few months ago. My graphic drivers are updated and so is Windows 10.

A few days ago I could no longer use any websites after a visit to youtube. I fixed that problem by turning off ad blocking and installing uBlock origin.
Today the same problem happened after a visit to youtube. I turned off uBlock origin also but still could not use any other websites. Seems very intentional by Google / youtube. I did fix this issue again by the above mentioned brave://components doing an update to all.

Hasn’t this been resolved now?

it has been just update the components -

brave://components

They just struck again and this isn’t a done deal. I just had this happen to me moments ago when I was wrapping something up. I took the necessary steps and muscled through.