Browser crashes in Windows 11 - suggested fixes didn't work

I’ve been having this issue second day in a row. Yesterday I couldn’t open the browser, every time I tried, it opens for about 3 seconds, with all my tabs intact, but crashes right after. I can’t even close any tabs, it’s too quick. I uninstalled (without removing my data) and then installed it again and all worked fine. No issues and all my data loaded correctly.
Today I wake up to the same issue. Crashing every time and I am not keen to be going through the same process every day. I also looked at the previous suggestions in topics on this community forum, but I can’t find a fix that works for me.
I need proper help, not just some generic response please. Why is Brave not having a dedicated support team? I don’t want to spend a whole day fixing this. I’m sure a developer would easily find the problem, so why not dedicate a team for this?

1 Like

I don’t think the update will auto-execute since I cannot keep the browser opened for more than a second. It shuts down (crashes), so maybe I should install, but should I first uninstall the current version? Does it mess up something if I install over it?

@busyjordy all you have to do is install on top and it will manually update it. You do not have to uninstall anything. If you do uninstall your browser you’re going to risk it seeing it as a new device and you may lose any of your saved information.

So don’t uninstall and just simply download/install the browser again on top of what you have and it will do a manual update

thank you. I managed to close all tabs today before it crashed and this fixed it. It was one of the tabs causing this somehow…

1 Like

I had no issues for 2 weeks and today it happened again. It crashes every time I try to open it. All tabs are closed, so this time I don’t know what the issue is. I tried installing the latest version on top of my current one but the same issue, no change…