Crashing CONSTANTLY on Mac

Hello all. I’ve been using brave for quite some time but just joined the community. So anyways, I am on a Mac Pro and running OS 10.13…at any rate, a few days ago Brave started crashing CONSTANTLY. It works for about 20 seconds then, BAM…crash. I have not changed ANY system or Brave settings and have not installed any new programs or changed any settings on any existing programs. I tried reinstalling Brave. It didn’t help so I "uninstalled it from my system, did a reset and then downloaded and installed it again. Same problem. I’m not having any problems with any other programs so I am stumped. Any suggestions?

Hi @geatoir1013, Welcome to Community!
What version of Brave are you on?
Can you try opening Terminal and entering this command:
open -a "Brave browser.app" --args --disable-brave-sync
Does that change anything?
Can you also try disabling hardware acceleration by entering this command: open -a "Brave browser.app" --args --disable-gpu

1 Like

Hey Aa-ron,
Thanks for the suggestions. Tried both solutions but either worked :frowning:

@geatoir1013,
When you uninstalled Brave, are you sure that you removed everything? Namely, the browsing information saved in:

~/Library/Application Support/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/

If not, you may still have some “bad data” floating around in there causing the crash.

1 Like

Mattches,
Thanks for the suggestion…I checked and there is NOTHING like that. No “lingering” files. Hmmmmm

1 Like

@geatoir1013,
Can you try downloading the Beta build of our browser and see if you get the same behavior?

No crashes…seems completely stable. Weird…and THANK YOU. HATE browsing with any other browser!!!

1 Like

Currently, yes !

I didn’t expect any crash after installing the beta version for my windows pc from your link.

Do you have any idea, why aren’t we receiving any ads since a couple of days?

@geatoir1013,
Glad to hear that’s working – the Beta browser should serve you well for now. I’ll be forwarding this information to the team for further review.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.