Why not a Menu Bar?

I forgot, goodbye Brave browser, when you put the menu bar back , I will take another look at you. Now to uninstall and give a review of your browser on other websites.

1 Like

Hi mate, unsure what you mean about yellow circle, but there is NO File, Edit, View etc (Menu Bar) in Brave anymore.

There used to be on the original version, but now they switched to a Chrome based version. As Chrome has no menu bar (as Google are all about mobile / tablet browsing experiences nowadays) neither does Brave.

I agree this is retarded and an objectively shittier desktop experience. Once again all these issues would be resolved if they simply programmed a menu bar (at least for the Desktop version), set it off by default, but optional to enable it if wanted.

The closest I’ve been able to get so far is this:
Bookmarks%20Bar
(Add all your Bookmarks to a folder, place this on your Bookmarks Bar).

1 Like

I am in favor of menu bar. Thank you.

+1, i agree this! :+1:!

Been using Brave a couple of months now and like others, the bookmarks menu and the lack of a menu bar just pisses me off to no end. I am going back to Firefox and will leave brave on my computer hoping more clear headed thinkers will emerge to fix this mess.

I just started using Brave to see if I would switch from my old Firefox and am very disappointed in the lack of a menu bar, making it so much slower to access bookmarks among others. Unless this option is added, I will either stay with Firefox or go to another browser, bummer since I had a good first impression of Brave.

Add another who would very much prefer a “normal” menu bar over the little hamburger menu. Maybe I am showing my age but I’m coming to Brave from Firefox and it’s the first thing I looked for and thus ended up here in my quest for information.

If a top menu is off the table, even the option to move the hamburger menu would be helpful because the top right is just not where I look for anything in windows.

1 Like