Whatsapp Web is not working

Description of the issue: I can’t use Whatsapp Web on latest update of Brave Browser. I tried deleting browser data, restarting, but nothing seems to work. I can use Whatsapp Web in other web browsers but not in Brave. My internet connection works without problems.

Error01

This started from this Monday 06/08/2022.

Operating System: Windows 11 Pro
Brave Version: 1.39.111 Chromium: 102.0.5005.61 (Official Build) (64-bit)

22 Likes

I’m having the same problem, I can use it with firefox but it gives me the same error on brave. Deleted cookies and cache, changed dns, restarted, etc. Nothing works. I managed to connect on a few months old version on linux but not windows 10 with the latest version It was working just fine, but it stopped connecting all of the sudden and I had to log out, now can’t log back in.

8 Likes

I just updated to version 1.39.120, but the same problem still occurs. I hope they solve it as soon as possible.

1 Like

I noticed that the console shows this error when trying to connect

This doesn’t show up when using other browsers or my old version on linux, but no idea if it has to do with it.

4 Likes

This information can be useful for programmers (the console shows me the same error). I hope they check it out soon, thank you very much.

3 Likes

I get the exact same error. I tried putting in a ticket with Whatsapp. They are blaming my phone basically. I’ve restarted the phone, put into and out of airplane mode (their instructions). I’ve tried everything except a complete reset in Brave (not one of my first 50 choices). Works just fine in Chrome but I want it to work in Brave for the extra layer of security…
I hope someone looks at this and can fix it.

6 Likes

Hi, try the TOR private tab, this is my solution, but this is very annoying for me, because I need to have two windows open. This problem is present in ubuntu too. Version 1.39.120 Chromium: 102.0.5005.99 (Official Build) (64-bit).

2 Likes

I tried using a private tab (Ctrl+Shift+N) but it didn’t work either (Windows 11 Pro). I can use it in any other browser except Brave. I hope they fix it.

2 Likes

The private tab does not work, try the private tab with TOR , please.
Peek 2022-06-08 22-22

3 Likes

This way it worked correctly. Thanks.

1 Like

I have the same problem. waiting for a solution, using tor browser is not helpful because it is make the browsing too slow in my country.

3 Likes

But, you can only use TOR for https://web.whatsapp.com/, on other sites you can use the “normal window”. However, this solution is very annoying, for this reason, since you always have to have two “brave window” to be able to work.

3 Likes

I’m also facing the same issue. Any progress?

6 Likes

Same issue for me, I’ve tried everything but still not working. Please fix it as soon as possible!

Best

5 Likes

Hi guys!
I’ve managed to fix this issue by reseting setting to default

9 Likes

I am also facing the same issue, this is happening in my 2 laptops and one desktop. Please fix this ASAP

2 Likes

Thank you! It worked perfect for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Has anyone been able to find the specific setting that’s causing the issue? Resetting to default seems like too much of hassle.

3 Likes

It works for me :slight_smile:

Facing same issue from last 3-4 days. Plz resovle the issue ASAP>

1 Like