Video frame skipping (stuttering) on Twitch using Brave browser

Description of the issue:
I’m a new Brave user and immediately while watching my first Twitch stream i noticed stuttering. After checking the video statistics i can confirm the video player is skipping about 20 frames per second, that’s 1/3 of all frames.
fps

Exact URL of the website in question:

any stream

The problem persist with:

shield turned off
hardware acceleration on/off
all extensions disabled

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?
no

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):
no

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?
yes

Brave version (check About Brave):
Version 1.43.93 Chromium: 105.0.5195.127 (official build) (64-Bit)

Edit:
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
RAM: 32GB @3000Mhz
Monitor: 4K@60Hz

None of the fixes suggested here so far had any effect.

Welcome to the community. I can’t help as I am not tech savvy at all. Can you please provide your OS version, graphics card, and what type display you are using? Also, please confirm that your drivers are all up-to-date. I think that additional information will help either a community member or Brave support troubleshoot.

In the meantime, posting a topic with troubleshooting steps that I think can be applied generically. The OP was on win10, had an AMD graphics card, and a 4k/60 Hz screen.

Please post an update with additional information. Take care. :slightly_smiling_face:

Turning off Hardware acceleration would cause more dropped frames. Test in private window mode also

i’m uninstalling. This is unbearable.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.