Video Playback Stuttering/Website Buffering

Description of the issue:
Hi everyone so this issue started last week for me. Every time I open YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, and other sites I get either extremely long wait times or the videos will buffer multiple times over. This has persisted to no avail of mine. I have tried this across multiple browsers as well(Brave ,Chrome, Edge, Opera GX). I have turned off hardware acceleration in the settings, disabled all shields, made sure I’m on the current version of Brave, I’ve tried wired and Wi-Fi connection as well making sure only one tab of brave is open and nothing else.

Exact URL of the website in question:

Happens across multiple websites

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)

Yes the Issue has continued after configuring shield settings as well

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?

It continues to produce the problem when shields are on and off

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):

No all shield configurations have shown no improvement

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?

No this is consistent across all browsers

Brave version (check About Brave):

I am currently on the newest Release of Brave [
Version 1.46.140 Chromium: 108.0.5359.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)
]

Hello @White_Obama

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Could you please share the following information:

1 - What kind of device and OS do you have?
2- Sample video causing stuttering?
3- Does adjusting resolution make a difference?

Additionally, try testing Brave beta. Be waiting for your response and have a great day!

Good Morning, @Alice2095

Thank You for the response I appreciate it!

1. I am using Windows 10 Pro and I am using a Desktop PC

2. I can attach video showing the problem as best as I can but as I am a new user it will not let me attach the video, I also attached a picture of my Link speed as I believed it was my connection speed

Brave screenshot Ethernet 2

1. Adjusting the resolution has only worked when setting the video to 144p. This was never a problem previously ( I believed it was my internet speed but I have 1000/1000 (Mbps))

New Info: I do not seem to have a problem watching any live streams twitch and live stream apps for sports have had no problem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.