Videos dropping frames if multiple Videos are playing simultaniously

Wenn watching multiple Videos (ex. Multiple Twitch Streams, or Twitch and Youtube) or browsing the web while watching a Twitch-Stream the videos drop many frames (to the extent that they’re unwatchable) and sometimes even stop playing completly audio is affected as well.

I’ve only noticed this behaviour since today and i haven’t (as far as i know) updated brave, my gpu griver or windows in the last few days.

I’ve tried reproducing the problem with the following browsers but couldn’t manage to reproduce it:

• Chrome 96.0.4664.110
  • FireFox 95.0

In brave everything works fine if I disable hardware-acceleration, but then CPU-Usage is increased heavily.

I’ve also tried disabling all extensions (with hardware-acceleration enabled) but the issue is still present.

Additional Information:

• Internet-Connection 1 Gbit/s
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2080 TI (Driver 497.09)
  • Brave: Version 1.33.106 Chromium: 96.0.4664.110

//EDIT March 2023: in case anyone else stumbles over this problem: I’ve managed to solve it by following the steps in Playing two videos makes both stutter (YouTube/Twitch) - #9

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.