NOTICE: For anyone currently on WINDOWS 11 OS

Hello, Community
We are looking for users who have already updated from Windows 10 → Windows 11 OS to help us prepare for the official release on October 5th.

If you are on Windows 11, can you please reply here in this thread and tell us:

• What (if anything) in the browser changed after upgrading to Win11?
  • What (if any) issues seem to have appeared due to upgrading to Windows 11 that were not present previously?

Thank you, we truly appreciate information you can give.

3 Likes

Brave crashes just as much on Windows 11 as it did on Windows 10. No difference in Brave or the way it looks or works after I installed Windows 11.

1 Like

I have been using Windows 11 for a couple months now. I have not come across any real issues in using the browser. The application continues to work immediately after the update. The only minor issue I have, is the wallets extension doesn’t stay pinned in the browser.

1 Like

Using Windows 11 for about 3-4 weeks now. Nothing has changed for me and works exactly as it used to on win 10, including extensions, wallet etc.

1 Like

@trainnn,
You have a response to the thread you’re open – please answer the questions and we’ll be happy to help sort out the crashing issue.

@bassist,

Not helpful.

@RKP,
Thank you for the information.

1 Like

I was running 11 for a while now in the dev channel. Brave just works and looks(apart from rounded corners) the same as in 10. I did not notice anything different.
Only thing that is somewhat worth mentioning, under 11 the default apps are changed. You have to go in there manually and assign brave to most file associations etc.

As a side note for anyone reading this, What I wrote about brave applies to pretty much every piece of software. If it runs on 10, it works just as fine on 11.

2 Likes

i am using latest windows 11 stable build. A media like notification is showing even i close the media tab

2 Likes

@jothiprasath,
That does not appear to be an issue so much as a Windows feature. That same media control panel appeared previously in Windows 10, but it (usually) was on the top-right of the page.

1 Like

Yea, That is normal.

Brave now crashes alot on windows 11 had to go back to chrome

Hi, I’ve been a Windows insider for quite awhile now and on Windows 11 for months. Brave appears to be running fine from what I can tell.

1 Like

it get slower than chrome when load any page after update to windows 11
now iam using chrome wait for fix

@avet22,
Can you please open an official report describing the behavior here on Community so we can take a closer look?

where do you open an official report ?

@avet22,
Anywhere here on Community. Use the New topic option on the homepage and follow the posting guidelines:

Please repost to reflect the template and guidelines and we’d be more than happy to assist you.

Guidelines - Before posting, please:

• Search the forum to see if anyone else has already posted or resolved the issue you came to ask about.
  • Fill out the template that appears in your editor when posting as it contains all the boiler-plate information surrounding your issue. It will help the Support team members and other Community members to efficiently assess and resolve your issue.
  • Provide essential info such as your version number and OS, to help Support and other Community members resolve your issue.
  • Ensure that you’re posting in the appropriate category
  • Tag your post appropriately – note that some tags are restricted to or from specific categories.
  • Observe and adhere to our code of conduct

My install has the “Wallet was not yet created” issue after upgrading to Windows 11.

I have done a clean install of windows 11, and have Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Brave browsers running. On Windows 10 Brave was much faster than the other two. On Windows 11 it is the slowest of the 3 by quite a way, both with the browser opening, and opening web pages. Chrome is the fastest, followed by Edge and lastly Brave.

Screen Scramble

Hi, Brave sadly will trigger the Windows 11 desktop to scramble the display or screen. Microsoft, in it’s support section—reference link below—states the offending app MUST be uninstalled since it is incompatible with Win 11. :pensive:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows

To that end, I wanted to give you my OS & system builds in hopes this screen scramble bug could be addressed or even better, to be informed if the Brave team has already addressed this problem in a recent update to the Brave browser so I can continue using your product on Win 11.

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎11/‎2/‎2021
OS build 22000.282
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.318.0
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB (63.8 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Finally, I should note that I’ve had to use Google Chrome’s Canary edition to avoid the screen scramble situation where it nicely renders or works without error in Win 11. I’ve noted that Chrome’s (experimental) Canary edition takes advantage of new Mica material for Chrome where again, it works beautifully with WIn 11, and thus I’m not sure if the Brave team will incorporate or already has begun work on this feature.

Reference article

Hope this helps, thank you for reading.

There gotta be some other underlying issues with your os.
It runs perfectly fine for me on 11.

1 Like