NOTICE: For anyone currently on WINDOWS 11 OS

Yes, I’m replying to my own thread—it appears the latest patch from MS, which’s listed in the above OS build version along with Brave’s recent app version, 1.3.101.0 that I installed, has resolved the screen scramble. :crossed_fingers:

Time will tell of course!

P.S. @xMovingTarget comment motivated me to give Brave another chance! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I am using
Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 OS build 22000.282
with Brave Version 1.31.88 Chromium: 95.0.4638.69 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Brave has a scrambled window whenever I drag a “Tab” from its original window.

@bfung,
This may be an issue with a particular extensions and/or Hardware Acceleration (I wager that’s the issue).

Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

I dont have this issue on latest win 11. As Mattches said. might be an extension or something else.

Profile 1 (P1) taskbar pin opens Profile 2 (P2) when starting up P1 while P2 in session even when P1 and P2 are pinned.

Additionally, P1 will keep opening P2 even when P2 is closed until I switch Profile via Brave Profiles list.

However, P3 and P2 correctly open their respective profile. Only P1 that doesn’t and will open any last active profile (and last closed profiles when all windows/sessions are closed).

I stopped receiving sponsored images after moving to Windows 11 (it’s been 2 weeks) but still receive notification ads. I have “show sponsored images” on. I know there is a campaign in my country (Poland) because I checked on my friend’s computer. I use the newest versions of software.

I have been facing the same issues, Whereas other browers have less than 5% battery consumption in the Background. Yes I’ve tried tweaking the settings i.e enable hardware acceleration, enable/ disabling scripts, etc no major difference still backgrnd usage is over 38% for 24hr. BRAVE USING 87% of the battery with only 50% actual usage rest in background.
I like the browser and the incentive based ad system, but at the end of the day, I feel i should switch back to my previous browser as the cost of battery replacement outweighs all the rewards. This is literally eating away at the battery in the background.
Brave team should focus on reducing background consumption of energy.

Browser works just fine. But have not been able to enable Ads.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

When I first started using Windows 11, Brave was much slower and using brave search didn’t give me good results. Lately Brave has been doing much better and fast as time goes. 1 weird thing happed and that’s what brought me here and luckily was the first link when search “why does brave look like Microsoft windows” , and using micosoft search. Went into brave settings, Still had duck duck go as search engine. I opened a few new tabs, and finally brave was looking normal as before. I can’t tell how Windows 11 works with ad’s, and BAT tokens, I can’t connect to my uphold account. Which I brought up in another chat. I still need to reeach the customer support link that the brave admin gave me to try and fix it. But that’s another story. Not sure if Windows 11 has anything to do with not getting brave rewards. But I opened a new account, and started getting ad’s and BAT, but I don’t have it linked to a wallet and don’t want to get in trouble. Not sure if I can create 2 accounts with same credentials? Anyway so far I got brave working normal as searching online. Just FYI if anyone had or has that issue happen to them.