May 2024 Uphold connection errors (aggregate topic)

TL:DR = Yes, they see reports and are aware of the issue. This happens every once in a while and generally just needs us to be patient. Brave and Uphold fixes the problem when they are in. Reminder: They don’t work on American holidays or weekends in general (and I’m posting this on Memorial Day, an American holiday). If you were connected to Uphold before, you’ll still earn and receive payments…you just won’t see your balance displayed in the browser and won’t be able to tip. This should be resolved before long.

Longer reply =
Thanks all reporting. As always, things happen. I really do wish many of you would just look for similar posts rather than creating tons of duplicates. You’d also have seen where this has been addressed before. On occasion, connection errors occur and people at Brave have to repair it.

Just a reminder, Support doesn’t work on American weekends or holidays. So you should be in the mindset you won’t get any replies or help then. I’m saying that as some sit here and reply as if upset if they don’t hear back within like 8 hours.

Anyway, yes…Uphold is having issues where people can’t login. I’m also one of those people. Error will be something like below:

People should be returning tomorrow and then should begin looking into whatever problem is causing. I’m sure @Evan123 or someone else from Brave will let us know when it’s fixed. Otherwise, just try again every couple days. I’m assuming will be resolved within a week, give or take.

4 Likes

I am trying to reconnect my Uphold wallet
When logging into my uphold account it redirects me back to Brave Rewards where I see the message “Something went wrong”

I am on Windows Brave and have received BAT payouts to my Uphold wallet in the past. I have completed Uphold’s ID and CDD requirements
I also tried creating a new profile and linking the wallet and I am getting the same issue

Hello,

when using the “Connect account” button in the “brave://rewards” page, I enter my uphold.com credentials but I get the following message:

Something went wrong

We weren’t able to complete your request. Please try again, and contact support if the problem persists.

I got this message yesterday and today, so the problem persist.

I have a verified account on uphold.com and their site seems to work fine for me.
I already tried resetting my rewards settings.

I’m on
Version 1.66.115 Chromium: 125.0.6422.112 (Official Build) (arm64)
, MacOS Apple Silicon.

My custodian is Uphold.

I’m in a supported region (Switzerland).

Any hints on how to troubleshoot that?

Thanks, J

1 Like

2 Likes

Estou com o mesmo problema que você

1 Like

Why can’t I log in to my Uphold account?

1 Like

Hi there, I recently found out that my account was logged out, so I tried to log in again but it wasn’t working. After multiple attempts, I finally tried to reset, then connect again but now I cannot connect anymore my account.
Someone can help please? Thanks.

1 Like

Briefly describe your issue:

I have been using Brave Rewards since 2021. I have been receiving regular payouts. First with Gemini, then subsequently with Uphold.

I use Brave Browser on:

1. iPhone
  2. iPad
  3. Mac Book Pro (M1)
  4. Mac Studio (M1)

I was logged out of both Mac Book and Mac Studio. So I tried logging back in and was successful in connecting my Rewards account the Mac Book. However, on the Mac Studio I am unable to connect. When I login to my Uphold account and hit the green “Authorize” button, I get a popup from Brave Browser which states: “Something went wrong. We weren’t able to complete your request. Please try again, and contact support if the problem persists.”

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

My Operating system and Brave Version on the Mac Studio are:

Mac: Mac OS Sonoma 14.5 (23F79)
Brave: Version 1.66.115 Chromium: 125.0.6422.112 (Official Build) (arm64)

Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes/no)

My Brave Rewards profile is verified

What date did you connect a your Brave Rewards Profile?

On or around 8th January 2021

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

I have been successful in receiving payments in the past.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

No I am not using a VPN

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

Yes I am in a supported region.

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

The SafetyNet check is for Android devices only. My problem exists on an M1 Mac Studio desktop machine.

Have you fully completed Uphold’s CDD requirements?

I have completely completed Uphold’s CDD because I have been receiving payments from Uphold since 8th January 2021.

Some additional points if it helps:

1. I have deleted all my cookies for Uphold and tried again, however this was not successful.
  2. I have created a new profile and tried again, however this was not successful.

If anyone can give me some tips on how to further troubleshoot this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

3 Likes

I have just tried connecting my new Brave install on ZorinOS (based on Ubuntu Linux) and am getting the same error. I wonder if there is some error between Brave and Uphold at the moment.

Please I need help whit this:

In Federa Linux I have a issue to login in my uphold account

In Windows I have not problems, what happens ???

1 Like

The same here.

O desktop i has logged successful, but i see one error message in my android.

1 Like

I,m having the same problem

I just got my uphold account fully active. When I try to connect it to brave rewards I get an error message saying “woops can’t connect” and it directs me here.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Windows 11. Brave Version 1.66.115

Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes/no)
yes

What date did you connect a your Brave Rewards Profile?
according to uphold brave is connected but i still get this error

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
havent used it at all before this

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
no

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)? yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)? i use pc

Have you fully completed Uphold’s CDD requirements? yes

I am receiving exactly that message a few months now …

Just make sure this does not get closed.
I have the same problem on Linux (PopOS).
I can log into Uphold, but Brave Reward will just throw an error at the end of it. I have tried a fresh install of Brave (deleting all user data and reinstall), to no avail.

1 Like

Hello, I have a problem where the rewards do not let me log in when I confirm what is necessary in uphold, it gives me a message saying “something went wrong.” Could you help me, please?

I AM LITERALLY SICK OF BRAVE AND UPHOLD DOING THIS MONTHLY!!! WHY DO YOU RANDOMLY DISCONNECT MY ACCOUNT FROM MY BROWSER!!!

MY BRAVE BROWSER JUST LOGS ME OUT BECAUSE YOU ARE DOING THIS AT BRAVE CAUSING MY BROWSER TO FAIL TO CONNECT MY UPHOLD ACCOUNT. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF HAVING ISSUES WITH BRAVE!!!

What Operating System and Brave version are you using? (Menu --> About Brave)

Brave is up to date
Version 1.66.115 Chromium: 125.0.6422.112 (Official Build) (64-bit)
](https://brave.com/latest/)

Who is your verified custodian? (Uphold/Gemini/bitFlyer)

UPHOLD

Are you in a supported region? (see here for list of supported regions)

YES I AM FROM THE UNITED STATES!!

WHY DO YOU HAVE SO MANY PEOPLE STATING THIS SAME ISSUE!!! WHY DO YOU CONTINUE TO FORCE LOG OUT USERS WHO USE YOUR BRAVE BROWSER!!!

I log into my uphold account by checking via message on my phone and email. I can then log into my uphold wallet but it doesn’t synch it with brave. If i open a new tab I am still asked to log into my uphold account despite having done it the second before.
When trying to log in, i receive that message:

Image saying the request could not be treated, try again or contact assistance

Same here. . I do get the “something went wrong” message when trying to connect Brave rewards.

I have a Verified Uphold Wallet.

I am in a supported Country

I’ve tried on Windows 11 (latest Brave version) and on Fedora (latest Brave version) with the same result.

Same issue any update of it?