Close, Restore and Minimize buttons disappear when maximized (Ubuntu)

Description of the issue:

When the Brave window is maximized, Close, Restore and Minimize buttons (top right buttons) are not visible.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open Brave
  2. Maximize the window
  3. Buttons are not visible.
  4. Resize window by dragging it, buttons appear.
  5. Maximize the window again, buttons disappear.

It does not happen every time and it does not always happen right away, but most of the times it does. Not sure what triggers it. When I quit Brave and start it again the buttons are here again. I understand that all of this makes it a bit difficult to reproduce the bug and I will update repro steps if I find what exactly triggers it.

Expected result: Close, Restore and Minimize buttons are visible even when the window is maximized.

Brave Version: Version 1.12.112 Chromium: 84.0.4147.125 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

OS: Ubuntu 18.04.4 64-bit (I also use Brave on my Windows desktop computer, but haven’t noticed this problem there).
I am using dual monitor setup: 1360x768 (laptop) & 2560x1080 (additional screen connected via HDMI). The issue happens on either screen. The issue persists even when I disconnect the additional monitor and use laptop screen only.

Buttons when maximized:

Buttons when not maximized:

Also, I can resize the window to be the same width/height as when maximized and the buttons are here. But as soon as I click on the maximize button, even though the window size stays the same, buttons disappear.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.