Low community activity

There is no activity on the community from users and Brave support unfortunately, it needs more people

2 Likes

@Fannste94 your issue is that much of what you have shared is just generic feedback needing no assistance. Then on the one thing you did show that might be assumed needing assistance is a misunderstanding on your behalf, it seems. There are lots of topics and responses occurring here on a regular basis.

Let me merge some of your recent stuff over here and then respond.

1 Like

Description of the issue:
The new interface buttons are too transparent and hard to see

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open Brave and see the buttons

Expected result:
For the buttons to have a more noticeable design

Brave Version( check About Brave):
1.62.153 Chromium: 121.0.6167.85 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
/
Screenshot 2024-01-27 093323
Screenshot 2024-01-27 093337

Any updates for this??

So the above is feedback. It is seen by Brave, whether it’s on your topic or the many like it.

And just because you share feedback doesn’t mean they are going to drop everything and change it. They hear it and might work on it.

Description of the issue:
Text size option is not working

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open settings
  2. Go to appearance
  3. Go to the Font size option and try to change the text size

Expected result:
For the text size to change

Brave Version( check About Brave):
1.62.153 Chromium: 121.0.6167.85 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
/

Any updates for this???

You show nothing to say it isn’t working. If you look, the settings you’re changing is for Content. This means for things loaded on websites. It is not changing the size of the text in your menu.

So let’s take a look, shall we?

Medium

Very Large

Very Small

As you can see, it does indeed change the size of content.

If you want to change the size of text in Settings, you have to zoom.

Default:

Zoomed in (Ctrl and + on keyboard)

Add more page zoom options like Vivaldi has https://vivaldi.com/blog/controlling-the-zoom-in-vivaldi/

Any updates for this?

And this is more of a feature-request than it was a Feedback as you had it. You’re looking for more features that aren’t offered. So beyond you sharing your request, not much to be said or done. Other users may have seen it but not agreed or cared. And Support is here to primarily help people who are having issues. Since this had no need for support, they wouldn’t have necessarily responded to you. Not sure what update you expected?

But when you have needed help, such as at YouTube bad video quality, you got help.

20 responses to the topic. Then at the end you mentioned it just is a YouTube bug as it happened in other browsers. When you stopped posting for help, it died out and locked.

Then the support needs more people :confused:

It doesn’t work on some websites, I tried it

Low activity for days… :confused:

Not really. You realize the ones with multiple pictures means people responded. Let’s look at Latest for the sort function:

And some of the things you might see with no replies would be things like:

Or it’s things that don’t have anything to do with Brave, such as:

The above person opening a topic like Brave controls the SMS 2FA that should be getting sent to them from Instagram. So yeah, lot of things where we have bots, spammers, or people who just are coming to the wrong place to get help.

And then like I said, requests and feedback don’t necessarily get a reply.

Are there topics that might get missed? Yep. It’s up to those people to reply to their topic and keep it open. If they don’t, then it can get lost. That is especially the case when you have things mentioned over the weekend when nobody from Brave is working.

1 Like

I totally agree that there are many casualties in the community and what’s more, the days and weeks go by and users like me need help and answers to solve our problems and how it leaves you seen and without a response, as the friend says, they should hire more staff and solve our problem, I recently published a topic and they left me in view without a response and without any solution and that is a lack of respect for the community that other users also need help.

1 Like

Just a FYI, I agree on that. What I was focused on is how they said no activity on the community from users and Brave support. Remove the idea of “no activity from users” and just say not enough help from Support, and it would be more accurate.

In terms of Support, all we have right now is:

• Mattches = Browser Support
  • Evan123 = Wallet & Rewards support
  • B-Lee (new hire that just started) = Brave VPN and Premium support.
  • Fanboynz = Shields/adblocking and web compatibility

That’s all that they have working. We do have Steeven and SaltyBanana as well, but they are usually handling support tickets and doing things behind the scenes rather than actually helping here on Community.

Community Ninjas like myself are around, but you’ll see that JimB1, Chocoholic, 289Wk, and others all have kind of pulled away from the site for whatever reason. I mean, we don’t get paid and often our help can be underappreciated. Anyone willing to spend the time here to help others is always welcomed, it just doesn’t happen.

2 Likes

I totally agree with what you are saying. Brave support is pretty good and it can be better if Brave hires more people for support :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well @saoiray, sorry for my inconvenience, I was also a little upset by this publication of the friend of the topic. I hope or hope that more attention can be given to the users and solve the problems of the users who leave it unseen because, as I said before, many Users are still upset and need answers to solve their problems. I hope they can also pay you and your colleagues too, whether I am right or not because in life nothing is free, you have to pay a bill, etc. greeting @saoiray have a good week

1 Like