Use this forum or the Discord?

Hello,

I want to contribute code to Brave, but there are so many different pages that I have no idea where to start. Are most of the bugs and triages discussed here, the issue page, or the Discord? The forum seems a little dead on the Developer category, and there’s a split between Sync, iOS, and Desktop that seem to have their own nuances and ways of doing things.

I want to help out on brave-sync. Is there anyone in particular I should talk to in order to get started? The Discord doesn’t have a channel for sync and there aren’t any beginner issues for me to get comfortable with the code base. Maybe I should start somewhere else?

1 Like

Sorry for the delayed response. You can go through the open issues on https://github.com/brave/sync/issues/ and find an issue that you can fix. Best way is to open a PR and submit it and someone from the team will guide you if you have any issues.

You can discuss Sync on desktop feedback channel as there isn’t a dedicated channel for sync on Discord and Sync is currently only available for desktop.

Hope that helps. Do let me know if you have any other questions.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.