Cannot play videos and live videos France24.com

**Description of the issue:**I cannot play the videos nor the live videos when the shields are activated but when I disable Brave Shields it works normally

Exact URL of the website in question:

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)

yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?

yes

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):

It is not causing any Brave Shields settings in the settings.

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?

in Chrome if it works normally

Brave version (check About Brave):

Versión 1.62.162

@Chocolate have you tested lately? I just went to the link you provided and the video worked:

Hello @saoiray, thanks for the response and yes, it works. But I have another problem that when I go to the page where it says cover, I scroll down and click on the page where it says Venezuela suspends the activities of the UN Human Rights office in Caracas, the page freezes and I cannot scroll down. below to continue reading more information

It might be because of something they are trying to do. When I just visited, it initially didn’t do anything when I got to the page. But when I refreshed, it worked. My assumption is they might have been trying to force cookie notice or something, which was being blocked. After I did the one initial refresh of the page, it loads and is scrollable each time. Can you test this yourself to see if the same?

@saoiray I just deleted all my history and went back to the page and it still doesn’t work and the page freezes when you scroll down, I also recorded the video of the problem

@Chocolate thanks for the video. What I was saying is that on that final page, if you were to refresh it, would it work? You can stop it from loading and refresh by hitting the hamburger menu (three dots) on the bottom right of your screen and then click the icon.

Other things I want you to test:

• Do you have anything selected at brave://adblock for content filters? (Pro tip: If you don’t have Fanboy’s Annoyances and uBlock Annoyance’s active, you might want to choose them)
  • Can you go to brave://components and make sure everything there is up to date? If anything updates, try again and see if it works well.
  • Lastly, if none of the above makes a difference, can you confirm you have no issues with Shields off?

And information I want to get:

• Which version of Brave are you using? (Please give exact version number)

• Which OS? It looks like you’re using Android in that video but originally you seemed to have shown screenshots from Windows or some Desktop. It would be nice to know OS and type, such as Windows 10, Android 12, etc.

• Does the same issue happen on both desktop and mobile, or only on mobile?

What I did about it when I entered the page I went to three points in Hamburg and clicked on the computer site and it works but when I disable the computer site it reloads the page it does not work as it tells me if I am using my Vivo brand Android device model v2028 I also disabled it all content filtering configuration and it doesn’t work either to know if there were any problems related to the filters it doesn’t work either and regarding the desktop pc it does work but on my mobile it doesn’t work and I’m using windows 11 and everything works fine normally and my version of my Android device on Brave: 1.62.162

Hello @saoiray, good morning, I wanted to know if there is any solution or if Fanboy is going to give me an answer to my problem to fix the page freezing when I scroll down to continue reading more information because it is too annoying.

Hello @fanboynz, I tag you, I need your help please. It still freezes when I scroll down and I can’t continue reading my information

@Chocolate sorry didn’t respond earlier. I think part of it is you didn’t fully respond to what I asked of you. This is part of where I stop responding to people because if they don’t test things and respond with results, it’s hard to continue. For example:

• I asked you to actually enable certain content filters. But in your reply, you told me that you disabled all of them. So you did the opposite of what I asked.

• Then I requested you update components. But in your reply, you do not say that you did this.

• I then said if those make no difference, try with Shields off. I don’t see you mention trying this?

• Then on OS, I asked which type. You said Vivo brane Android, but you did not say if it’s Android 8, 9, 10, 12, etc.

I do see you provided some extra details though in saying it works on desktop site but not on mobile site, is this correct?

Check for updates. The newest Brave is 1.62.165 which released on February 14.

yes. I have it enabled Fanboyads Annoyances and uBlock Annoyanceans I tried each one and it doesn’t work

“Then I requested you update components. But in your reply, you do not say that you did this.”
Cannot play videos and live videos France24.com - #6 by Saoiray.

My answer is if I updated all the components and they are all updated to the latest version

“I then said if those make no difference, try with Shields off. I don’t see you mention trying this?”
Cannot play videos and live videos France24.com - #10 by Saoiray

My answer, turn off Brave Shields and if it is working normally

“Then on OS, I asked which type. You said Vivo brane Android, but you did not say if it’s Android 8, 9, 10, 12, etc.”
Cannot play videos and live videos France24.com - #10 by Saoiray.

my answer yes djie Vivo system model v2028 my system is android 12

“I do see you provided some extra details though in saying it works on desktop site but not on mobile site, is this correct?”

My answer, if correct, works fine on my desktop, but it doesn’t work on my mobile site.

“I do see you provided some extra details though in saying it works on desktop site but not on mobile site, is this correct?”

I’m still waiting for the update on Google Play 1.62.165 but on my PC I have it updated to the latest version 1.62.165

no issues here, from an NZ IP;

hello @fanboynz thanks for the help. How strange that it works for you. but it’s not working for me and the page still freezes when I scroll down. and I just updated my Brave browser on my Android device to the latest version 1.62.165 and it also doesn’t work yet I’m stuck even I recorded another video on my device updated to the stable version 1.62.165 and it doesn’t work. I also tried Nightly and it doesn’t work either. So if it works for you and it doesn’t work for me, what solution could you give me to fix the page freezing?

@fanboynz @saoiray I still have a problem with scrolling down and the page still freezes I’m on the latest version 1.63.161

@fanboynz I’m tagging you again. I still have the problem scrolling down and the page keeps freezing, I need help please.

See if this helps

1 Like

@fanboynz I tag you. It doesn’t work yet the page freezes and I can’t scroll down on my Android device

Is it still occuring?

@fanboynz I confirm that now it is working very well now the page no longer freezes I will be watching if any problem arises if it freezes again I will let you know again thank you very much

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.