Is Brave hijacking my searches? Google -> bing

Not sure what’s going on here. I go to search Google and I get Bing results injected into my search results.

It’s really sketchy functionality to the point where some results are returned, and moments later new results are inserted at the top… apparently from Bing (see image).

I don’t know if this is related to a compromised extension, but I’m on the verge of removing Brave all together regardless. Please let me know if you have any suggestions how to fix.

1 Like

@ryanrecharged

In short, you installed an extension, downloaded something you shouldn’t have, or whatever. But this is a well known type of adware. Your description is a bit different as it doesn’t sound like you’re being redirected, but if you’re seeing Bing on Google searches, then it seems similar. Just make sure to double check what you’ve installed and try to run a good malware detector like Malwarebytes just to make sure your computer is good.

My situation is a little different and more puzzling. I found myself in the unfortunate position where I had to replace my hard drive and do a clean install. I had to reinstall all of my programs, including Brave. I am still working on the reconstruction as the hard drive was installed less than a week ago. I avoid Google if at all possible and have not used it since the install.
Today, my church ask me to take a survey. I clicked on the link, only to be taken to Google Forms, YUCK!! The scary part was, up pops my old Google account name asking me if I wanted to sign in using this account. I left and came here.
Now, how did Google know that it was me? I have said this before and I will reiterate it again, I believe you guys have WAY more ties to Google than you would have your followers believe!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.