The Bing from heck

I have been impressed with Brave and the way it operates. The speed bonus is great and the popup protection has been great. My wife and I are both happily enjoying it.

Description of the issue:

Bing installed itself with another microsoft software install (I did NOT miss any checkboxes and allow it). The software was MS Sharepoint associated with Office 365. I do NOT have Office 365, never did. I use Apache open office and MS office 2000.

When I use the URL to search since that point, Bing jumps in. I have removed Bing and reset the browser to Google (several times). I removed all reference to bing but it keeps coming up in the Brave browser. In Firefox it doesn’t come up. The computer has been restarted several times and it is still there.**

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Any time I use the URL bar to search, Bing jumps in to tick me off. Like almost everyone, i despise Bing. The fact that it is so ‘malware like’ is all the more aggrivating since i keep my system clean

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

ANY search using the URL bar now comes from Bing.

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:

Every time

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Running Windows 7
Brave Version 1.4.96

Additional Information:

I have run Trend PC Cillin housecall, and the latest Spyhunter 5. There is no malware or viruses (other than Bing).

I am on the verge of running the registry editor and removing every reference to Bing. Just concerned that since it is so intertwined in windows, that It might damage windows itself.