Can't remove some top sites on Brave

I can’t seem to remove one of my top sites even though when I click to unpin it and then click on the “x” it sez “top site removed” yet when I bring up Brave browser again the site is still there when I open a new tab…how do I removed a top site???

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Bring up Brave browser
  2. Click on new tab
  3. Remove 1 top site

Expected result:
Top site should dissappear

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 0.68.132 Chromium

Additional Information:

4 Likes

Hi @starwoman,

Thanks for reporting your issue! That’s strange behavior. What happens when you click the ‘x’? Does it disappear during the current session, and then reappear when you open a new window? What Brave version are you using? Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

It doesn’t disappear at all even when I open a new session and my Brave browser sez its up to date

2 Likes

@starwoman,
Can you go to Menu --> About Brave and allow the browser to update? The version you’re running is a bit outdated – the latest release is v0.70.122.

2 Likes

Ok I just did and it sez “ Brave is up to date”
Version 0.68 132

How do I force it to update???

Blessings

Walk in Beauty

1 Like

Are you on Windows, @starwoman?

• Download the installer again from brave.com or if you have a copy on your machine
  • then close Brave (make sure there’s no background process/es)
  • run the installer. No need to uninstall, just run the installer
  • and Brave will fetch the latest release
2 Likes

Unfortunately this issue is not resolved after reinstalling the Browser. I have the same problem even under Version 0.70.123 Chromium: 78.0.3904.97 (Official Build) (64-Bit) //Windows 10 Pro (64 Bit).

On mobile it works fine though.

1 Like

ok I just updated my Brave browser to: Version 0.70.123 Chromium: 78.0.3904.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)

but still having the same promblem … I can’t remove top sites…now what???

Blessings

Walk in Beauty

1 Like

@starwoman,
I can’t seem to reproduce the behavior. Can you try clearing your cache and site data to see if that helps the issue? Menu --> History --> Clear browsing data

1 Like

Nope…that didn’t work either works fine on my mobile phone …just doesn’t work on my computer

Blessings

Walk in Beauty

1 Like

Can you try removing all of the topsites from your homepage, then relaunching the browser?

1 Like

That’s the problem…I can’t remove all the topsites from my homepage as it won’t let me…even though it sez “top site removed”

Blessings

Walk in Beauty

1 Like

@starwoman,
Is there any way you’d be willing to share a short screen recording of the behavior as you see it on your end?

1 Like

A screen recording??? you mean a screenshot?..I’ve attached a screenshot of what happens after I click on the "X’ to remove a top site, since I don’t know how to do a short screen recording of the behavior.

Blessings

Walk in Beauty

(Attachment November 11 Screenshot of Brave after Trying to Remove Top Site.odt is missing)

1 Like

I’m getting the same problem, I’ve noticed a few other post from 2+ months ago too while searching. here’s a mp4 of it, although you can’t see my mouse clicks.

1 Like

@starwoman @Jetah,
I see now – thank you @Jetah for the recording, it explains a lot.
So it looks like the issue is if you’ve pinned a top-site – that is, you’ve clicked on the pin icon in the top-left corner of the tile, removing the top-site doesn’t always work:
Note that the pin icon is filled in. I was able to reproduce the error you both are describing when the topsite was pinned. However, if you click on the pin icon and unpin it, you should then be able to use the ‘x’ and remove the site from the page.

1 Like

well that doesn’t work cuz it won’t let me uppinn it when I click on the pin??

Blessings

Walk in Beauty

@starwoman,
There were times in which the pin was hard for me to click as well. Can you try and be percise in your clicks? Additionally, do you have the window maximized or is it scaled down?
asdf

I have my screen maximized and I have clicked on the pins over and over again but no luck…I wish this could be fixed with another update

Blessings

Walk in Beauty

1 Like

I was clicking the unpin… you couldn’t see it in the video but i clicked it a few times i hovered over it.

the problem i’m having is being unable to unpin it.