Can't remove top sites from Brave home page

Greetings, Brave has stopped removing top sites when I click on the delete “x.” I get the box pop-up that says a top site has been deleted, but it isn’t deleted. Thanks.

Hi @Steve4,

Thanks for reporting. What Brave version are you on? I just tried to reproduce but was able to delete successfully.

Thanks for the quick reply. It’s Version 0.68.141 Chromium: 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

It worked fine until a few days ago.

was a fix found for this? it’s been happening to me as well

Happening here too. Brave Version 0.70.121 Chromium: 78.0.3904.70 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Top Sites are almost completely useless: too few to be helpful, no ability to add more, no ability to customize, edit or remove.

Same here. Unable to delete top sites individually

An extension known as “Home - New Tab Page” is a good substitute that actually works well. There are several other “new tab” extensions, but this one suits my wants.

I am having exactly the same issue. Can’t Add, Delete, Edit Top Sites and apparently can only make 1 change (ie pin) then the site is locked (ie can’t unpin it). Any fix in sight yet?
Version 0.70.121 Chromium: 78.0.3904.70 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Linux Mint 19

Same. Just came out here to report it and it seems several of you have beat me too it. :slight_smile:

Running the latest (as of today) version: Version 0.71.112 Chromium: 78.0.3904.87 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

@bobeaston Thanks, I’ll look into that!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.