Brave wallet gets loaded as default wallet every single site

Hi, about 3 days now or so when trying to access my wallet on any web3 site it refuses to even recognize metamask and will either default to brave wallet or shoot me to the add metamask extension page, even though i already have it. I do a lot of quest sites which require heavy wallet use and this has made brave unusable, any quick help would be much appreciated.

Description of the issue:

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Open brave 2. Go to web3 site (ie galxe) 3. Attempt to sign in

**Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):**as stated above, never had this problem before and if brave is trying to force its wallet on us then goodbye.

**Expected result:**not what i want

**Reproduces how often:**everytime

**Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):**windows 10/11( some sources recognize my pc as 10 others call it 11, i have no idea) brave version is the latest one

**Additional Information:**yes its only with evm networks, funny this problem doesnt occur with cosmo, apt, sol or any other network

Please check your Wallet configuration in brave://settings/web3. Brave Wallet is designed to serve as a safer replacement within Brave for MetaMask. That said, if you would prefer to continue using extension-based wallets, you can switch your configuration to prefer Extensions over Brave Wallet.

Once you have switched the wallet configuration on that page from Brave Wallet to Extensions, you will need to refresh any page you were previously attempting to log into. Once refreshed, you should be able to connect your MetaMask wallet. To test this, visit https://metamask.github.io/test-dapp/ and select Connect beneath Basic Actions.

If you are presented with the MetaMask login, nothing further is necessary.

If you are presented with the Brave Wallet popup:

1. Navigate to brave://settings/web3 in the browser.
  2. Switch Default Ethereum Wallet from Brave Wallet to Extensions.
  3. Return to, and refresh, your https://metamask.github.io/test-dapp/ tab.
  4. Click Connect beneath Basic Actions.

You should now be prompted to proceed with MetaMask, as I was in the GIF below:

mm-v-bw

Nothing happens when i press connect on the metamask github. Neither brave wallet nor metamask pop up. Im done switching to google chrome. Its ridiculuss that i have to do all this just to be able to use metamask. You are not doing your job well

Brave has tens of millions of users, and MetaMask is installed on over 10M browsers. Each user has their own system configurations, set of additional extensions installed, and more. This creates a great deal of potential for unexpected issues and scenarios. I’m working to help identify what could be impacting your experience to the best of my ability.

If nothing is happening when you click Connect, then that seems like a positive development. After all, you weren’t prompted to use Brave Wallet :slightly_smiling_face: My next suggestion would be to look at the developer tools on the MetaMask Test Dapp page when pressing Connect. Those likely will contain an error message that could help us identify the issue.

I am confident that with a bit more investigation, we could determine what caused this interruption in the first place, and possibly deliver a fix that would immediately improve your experience, and the experience of countless others.

Now the brave wallet pops up, and after doing what you suggested step by step it keeps poping uo only the brave wallet. Im really annoyed and frustrated

Soo??? Are you going to bring a solution or what?

Apologies for the inconvenience, @Gcarb. We’re working to better understand this issue. For now, a temporary workaround is to set None as the Default Ethereum Wallet.

I’m not sure who this gogok person is that wasn’t me, however the wallet issue cleared itself up a couple weeks ago. I would never make a thread without trying to mess with the wallet/ web3 settings first, when this issue was occurring no level of setting adjustments seemed to fix it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.